Third Party Press

DUV 41 with RFV mark

DWM1915

Just picked this up and was surprised to see a RFV mark on the buttplate, I can't remember seeing RFV marks on rifles after about 36-67 range so this is pretty late, to my eye it looks original and the rest of the rifle seems right so I'm a bit curious about it. I wonder if RFV markings changed like KM markings toward the end and dropped the property number and just kept the organization marking? I seem to recall seeing some Walther PP's with RFV only markings (no number) but could be mistaken. Rifle is all matching down to the TG screws and bandspring with the exception of the Bayonet Lug which is unmarked, grime and dirt build up on it certainly matches front band and the rest of the rifle so they've been together a long time. It has a nice 1940 dated Kroyman & Co. in Hamburg sling as a bonus. Had to do the pictures inside today and I suck at indoor pics, bluing always seems washed out when I do the pics indoor, it's much better in hand.

thanks, Nick

Pic01.jpgPic02.jpgPic03.jpgPic04.jpgPic05.jpgPic06.jpgPic07.jpgPic08.jpgPic09.jpgPic10.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked this up and was surprised to see a RFV mark on the buttplate, I can't remember seeing RFV marks on rifles after about 36-67 range so this is pretty late, to my eye it looks original and the rest of the rifle seems right so I'm a bit curious about it. I wonder if RFV markings changed like KM markings toward the end and dropped the property number and just kept the organization marking? I seem to recall seeing some Walther PP's with RFV only markings (no number) but could be mistaken. Rifle is all matching down to the TG screws and bandspring with the exception of the Bayonet Lug which is unmarked, grime and dirt build up on it certainly matches front band and the rest of the rifle so they've been together a long time. It has a nice 1940 dated Kroyman & Co. in Hamburg sling as a bonus. Had to do the pictures inside today and I suck at indoor pics, bluing always seems washed out when I do the pics indoor, it's much better in hand.

thanks, Nick

Nick, I know R.F.V. rifles with property number up to late 1939 K98ks. You are right, later they dropped the property numbers, similar like at the Kriegsmarine.

Regards,
Stephan

Military Rifle Journal
Back