momok98k

Belt strap collection

Hello,
My modest collection of
passing for belt.

1 (17).jpg

1 (16).jpg

Last edited:
What a small, insignificant piece of gear, that was so important to the guys who used them. Something that's overlooked when digging through original pics of German soldiers of all branches. If one pays close attention, you see these regularly, from the beginning of the conflict to the very end, carrying canteens, mess tins, zelts, gas mask canisters at the ready, used for combat suspenders, used to hold grenade bundles, and a myriad assortment of other uses. GI's used them to carry captured German loot from their combat belts. Your collection is very nice, and just as important (in my opinion) as any other piece of combat gear.

What a small, insignificant piece of gear, that was so important to the guys who used them. Something that's overlooked when digging through original pics of German soldiers of all branches. If one pays close attention, you see these regularly, from the beginning of the conflict to the very end, carrying canteens, mess tins, zelts, gas mask canisters at the ready, used for combat suspenders, used to hold grenade bundles, and a myriad assortment of other uses. GI's used them to carry captured German loot from their combat belts. Your collection is very nice, and just as important (in my opinion) as any other piece of combat gear.

Thank you so much!

belt collection

back 20+ yrs ago these went for $5- to $10. now $20 too $55. so a very good score and investment!!

Thanks for sharing. I’m new to all this and found this very interesting! Until seeing this thread, I didn’t even know these things existed. Now I know and will look for them in old pictures. Thanks again.

Military Rifle Journal
Back