Third Party Press

Luger Collection to Date

mauser1908

Been collecting lugers for a few years now. A buddy of mine who collects Japanese rifles and handguns came over to see my collection. I snapped a few photos while I had them all out.

1918 Erfurt/ F.H Thieme, Magdeburg 1915
1917 DWM/ Adalbert Fischer, Berline, C2. 1916
Alphabet DWM, (1924)
1920 DWM Commercial, (mfg 1919 or 1920)
byf 42/ eqr 41 (G. Passier, Hannover)
S/42 1936
S/42 1937, late first variation (t block), mix of rust and salt blue

IMG_0282 (1).jpgIMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpgIMG_0276.jpgIMG_0276.jpgIMG_0277.jpgIMG_0278.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, there is something special about how Lugers feel that adds to the collectibility imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great collection thanks for posting them! Some really good looking pistols in there, always fun to get group pictures of stuff too :thumbsup:

Very nice, there is something special about how Lugers feel that adds to the collectibility imo.

Thanks Mike, I agree probably one of the best pointing pistols. They definitely fell like an extension of your hand.

This reminds me that I really need to add at least one Luger to the collection.

Careful, it’s easy to fall down the Luger rabbit hole.

Great collection thanks for posting them! Some really good looking pistols in there, always fun to get group pictures of stuff too :thumbsup:

Thanks Clay, I appreciate it! Figured I might as well since I had them out.

Here’s mine. 2 byf41 pistols and 2 artillery Lugers reworked to P08. One is depot marked, the other came from a vet but to me is shooter grade as it doesn’t have a rework mark. I need another good 41 date holster for the wood grip byf41, I found an artillery Luger rework holster for the depot marked pistol.

67a4aa5a63d1c0bb67f61384662e4900.jpg

Very impressive mauser and mrfarb! I did own one but a reblue with new grips. Hardly a collector but only cost me $260 back around 1975

Next year I think I'll add a prewar 36 or 37 Mauser pistol with at least a matching mag, one with straw parts. Had a 36 years ago and traded it for a stupid reblued G33/40, that was an idiotic move as it had a minty 37 date holster with it.

Here’s mine. 2 byf41 pistols and 2 artillery Lugers reworked to P08. One is depot marked, the other came from a vet but to me is shooter grade as it doesn’t have a rework mark. I need another good 41 date holster for the wood grip byf41, I found an artillery Luger rework holster for the depot marked pistol.

67a4aa5a63d1c0bb67f61384662e4900.jpg

Really nice rigs Mike! I find army and police reworks of Artillery an Navy lugers super interesting. I want to start taking a look at DH marked guns and create some trends on them, I have your and Bruce's books now, so I have some good examples to compare them to. S/42 1936 is one of my favorites, it's a complete opinion but I think mauser had the nicest looking rust blue by far, a nice powdery charcoal grey. I've read some discussions that 1936 was probably peak quality for mauser made lugers. A 37' strawed is another favorite, there's definitely an allure to them. I'll keep my eye out in my area for a nice 41 dated holster, I've seen a few screamers from other years floating around recently.

Great collection Sam!

Thanks Jordan, I appreciate it brother!

Very impressive mauser and mrfarb! I did own one but a reblue with new grips. Hardly a collector but only cost me $260 back around 1975

Thank you!

Military Rifle Journal
Back