Third Party Press

ZF4 Scope Production Dates

Oldnrth

Hi all, curious if anyone knows the production date (mm/yyyy) for serial numbers for the ZF4 scopes. Found a local vet bring back with the rubber eye piece as well as end caps and just couldn’t pass it up. I’ve been thinking about picking up a K/G43 for some time and figured I’d try to match the year of the scope to the rifle. Anyway scope is in the 32xxx range. Thanks for any and all help! (Bad pictures, sorry)
cacf7d61703bf3f32682cac20c349775.jpg
515805693993e8fb10b6658bc0b7385d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go:

https://claus.espeholt.dk/zf4.html

I've seen no serial number production list, but my guess is that your scope was made in late 1944 if it's ddx.

Sometimes you get a good Zf4, sometimes you don't. The zero on the one on my ac45 K43 doesn't wander, and the point of impact doesn't change after the scope mount has been removed and replaced. It's a late 64,000 serial range ddx.

Last edited:
That’s good to know! I cleaned it up and it has a nice clear retinal, both knobs work well. For being improperly stored for 70+ years it faired daily well. Thanks for the help and the article, based on this the walther K43 (AC44) would be the best candidate, correct?

What is a fair price to pay for an original mount? I had looked at a repo but I’m a stickler for period correct, repo in my opinion just casts doubt onto the authenticity of the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back