Third Party Press
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: StG 44: 3xxx aj/45

Not sure if anyone really recommended it directly or indirectly, but please don't buy a spare bolt just to preserve yours unless you're prepared to do all the work necessary to assure it fits properly. Unlike an MP40, the bolt in a MP44 has to be headspaced and trying to preserve the parts in your rifle could actually do harm unless done right. Just putting that out there because I don't want you to get hurt or damage your new prize. The StG marked rifles are very interesting and few and far between.

Does the stock have ribs on the back, and is it all one thickness including the section where it goes into the sheet metal attachment?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mp43sniper View Post
    Not sure if anyone really recommended it directly or indirectly, but please don't buy a spare bolt just to preserve yours unless you're prepared to do all the work necessary to assure it fits properly. Unlike an MP40, the bolt in a MP44 has to be headspaced and trying to preserve the parts in your rifle could actually do harm unless done right. Just putting that out there because I don't want you to get hurt or damage your new prize. The StG marked rifles are very interesting and few and far between.

Does the stock have ribs on the back, and is it all one thickness including the section where it goes into the sheet metal attachment?
    I thought about using spare parts for shooting but i see that that's not a good idea.
    BTW i got my stamp recently, a gunsmitth cleaned and checked the rifle, and finally had a chance to shoot today. The rifle ran flowless and i couldn't be happier. It's a soft-shooting gun with a slow rate of fire. Very easy to control. The guys at the gun shop/range asked me if it was real stg 44.

Here is a picture of my butstock
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Solarpower44 View Post
    Thank you. I think the sight tower is late production very rough mp 44 but let me know if you noticed something else. Attached is a close up. This one is missing the butt stock storage cap. See attached picture. Looks like it was never installed in the first place.
    I love aj block haenels because they are so varied. I have a even later matching numbers 59xx aj which is all bonderized phosphate accept the furrel which is blued. Mine also sports the “plain barrel” muzzle nut delete and the same type of front sight. Interesting my is an earlier style receiver marked MP44 while almost all of them are the later rib delete Stg44. It also has 4 hole handgaurd not 6. My late Sauer AL block is a 6 hole and is also plain barrel muzzl delete but has a slightly different design to the front sight. I think there’s pretty much no standard to these extremely late rifles. Mine would’ve have to be in the last few thousand made in April and probably is sporting a previously rejected Mp44 receiver which got recycled.