Third Party Press

StG 44: 3xxx aj/45

see you are charging like a bull all those sites are selling MP-44 mags for stupid prices and to stupid people willing to pay that

I see this all the time "I Got to have it" drives up the price

I post wants on different gun sites ( not here of course) looking for MP-44 mags or other items

I usually get 4-5 guys who want extreme prices, but there are always one or two who want to unload. it does not happen overnight or next days could be weeks but I ain't paying over $ 300.00 for the original mags

"I" have over 10 (meaning more than) original mags 5 where bought since last year. I never paid more that $ 250.00 each for 4 of them. the last one, I paid $ 310.00 ( shipping)

patience

kits well they are drying out, dummy kits guns are also disappearing, as I said this is a expensive club to belong too

Ok, i am taking a deep breath but it is frustrating not having any original magazine to go along with the gun. There is a gun show in VA (near Dulles) this weekend i will drive down and see what's there.
I hope to have 1/2 dozen or so magazines eventually.

call me 717 877 6684

Thanks to Jack I have one coming from Legacy collectibles in PA

Also went to Dulles Expo for the national gun show this morning and Dannis Todd in Springfield PA had a booth. Perhaps out of overly excited that he had a bunch of them on hand. I ended up buying most of what he had. Sorry I paid more than 300 but didn’t pay stupid price except for mp 45.

Attachments

• A21E0FDE-8BDA-48B2-B062-068CFE78876F.jpg
    A21E0FDE-8BDA-48B2-B062-068CFE78876F.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 72
poor choice of words, sorry

No problem

Btw I really wanted Mp45 magazine so I paid over my limit since I haven’t seen one for sale in awhile
Are they rare compared to mp44 or mp43?

Attachments

• 1093E7B4-8D90-4DAF-A0B9-CC05FCBCBEF6.jpg
    1093E7B4-8D90-4DAF-A0B9-CC05FCBCBEF6.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 48
  • EDA7F5CA-2825-4189-9887-1B197883EE75.jpg
    EDA7F5CA-2825-4189-9887-1B197883EE75.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 38
Finally read through the thread.

First welcome to the club, as Sprat says it’s expensive but deals can be found. In reference to the shooting, I don’t shoot my matching guns because of the rarity and expense. It’s your property though so I won’t venture to tell you what to do with it.

If you happen upon internals I recommend a professional check form fit function condition and headspace before you fire it. Just so happens we have the perfect guy on this forum, I’ll let him introduce himself.

Hard to tell from one picture, but it looks like a rewat, so I’d check it before shooting regardless. Tor has F/A bolt carriers occasionally so that might be a good option too.

I Recommend the Sturmgewehr book by collector grade publishing, very enlightening.

Question, I didn’t think you could own cool stuff in Maryland, how does that work? Also in your picture your serial number is visible, if you care about such things.

Finally read through the thread.

First welcome to the club, as Sprat says it’s expensive but deals can be found. In reference to the shooting, I don’t shoot my matching guns because of the rarity and expense. It’s your property though so I won’t venture to tell you what to do with it.

If you happen upon internals I recommend a professional check form fit function condition and headspace before you fire it. Just so happens we have the perfect guy on this forum, I’ll let him introduce himself.

Hard to tell from one picture, but it looks like a rewat, so I’d check it before shooting regardless. Tor has F/A bolt carriers occasionally so that might be a good option too.

I Recommend the Sturmgewehr book by collector grade publishing, very enlightening.

Question, I didn’t think you could own cool stuff in Maryland, how does that work? Also in your picture your serial number is visible, if you care about such things.

Thank you for welcoming its not a rewat all original. The finish is a bit rough here and there and that’s perhaps what you are seeing. Yes i should have it professionally checked out before firing. Is it pitfigher you are referring to . Maryland does allow MG. We just have to do annual registration with the State police in addition to Nsf stuffy

I am specifically referring to my observation of the barrel pin, rewats are usually “all original.” It’s tough to see in the picture though.

No, not pit, but I’m sure he’ll be along again too haha.

I am specifically referring to my observation of the barrel pin, rewats are usually “all original.” It’s tough to see in the picture though.

No, not pit, but I’m sure he’ll be along again too haha.

I see. What am I suppose to look when I look at the barrel pin and anything else I should look ?.
It seems to have all original pins and finishes, and was told it wasn’t a rewat but you never know

I look for consistency of the finish across the pin and surrounding trunnion portion of the receiver. Late war rifles are for obvious reasons less consistent, with the variance in finishings. I also look for any gaps between barrel pin and the receiver/trunnion.

Before you (or anyone) buy(s) any sturmgewehr one of the first steps to take is removing the hand guard, that’s the easiest or best give away as to if the rifle was ever dewatted.

Most active Mp44’s in the registry are rewats, so it’s a safe bet to assume when coupled with the discoloration on your rifle. More detailed pictures of the pin and under the hand guard will tell for sure. Like I said it’s really tough to see in the picture you attached. The good news is that it doesn’t affect the value - like I said most are rewats. The all matching, NFRTR registration, and un-messed with aesthetics are what matter for value.

Also your serial # is visible, if you care.

Last edited:
I look for consistency of the finish across the pin and surrounding trunnion portion of the receiver. Late war rifles are for obvious reasons less consistent, with the variance in finishings. I also look for any gaps between barrel pin and the receiver/trunnion.

Before you (or anyone) buy(s) any sturmgewehr one of the first steps to take is removing the hand guard, that’s the easiest or best give away as to if the rifle was ever dewatted.

Most active Mp44’s in the registry are rewats, so it’s a safe bet to assume when coupled with the discoloration on your rifle. More detailed pictures of the pin and under the hand guard will tell for sure. Like I said it’s really tough to see in the picture you attached.

Also your serial # is visible, if you care.

With my untrained eyes i can't tell. I have attached pictures of barrel under the hand guard for you to take a look. Appreciate your help.
Should i worry about the serial #, i personally don't care..

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 61
For serial numbers of NFA items, it doesn’t really matter. Some just think less info out there is better you know?

Can we see a closeup of both sides of the barrel pin, and is there a serial number on the barrel - near the trunnion perhaps?

For serial numbers of NFA items, it doesn’t really matter. Some just think less info out there is better you know?

Can we see a closeup of both sides of the barrel pin, and is there a serial number on the barrel - near the trunnion perhaps?

Unfortunately I don’t have that picture. I would need to get that next time I am at the dealer ( I don’t have the stamp yet. ). There is no serial number. Fxo and b e marks are all I found on the barrel

Military Rifle Journal
Back