Third Party Press

StG 44: 3xxx aj/45

Cool, do you have provenance or history of the rifle?

Tough one here, the front of the barrel assembly looks well used - but the receiver and back looks impeccable. Uneven finish on barrel pin..

Tough call

Cool, do you have provenance or history of the rifle?

Tough one here, the front of the barrel assembly looks well used - but the receiver and back looks impeccable. Uneven finish on barrel pin..

Tough call

No no full history other than the previous owner who had an extensive collection of ww2 weapons and stored them for a long time
The front part is unfinished/parkerized so maybe worn evenly.?! I will probe more.
There are other interesting features and we assumed they are because this is a aj block rifle which is the last batch of rifles made by Haesel before Allies closed in

My Girl in ATF prison for just a bit longer

Enjoy. Picked this up from a friend who got it in 1989 in shotgun news. The ancilliary parts took him years to assemble.Mag pouches are incredible and can post later. He told me it took years to put the bag and small repair parts together. xje

Attachments

• MP44 Late war.jpg
    MP44 Late war.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 98
  • mags.jpg
    mags.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 75
  • mags1.jpg
    mags1.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 63
Enjoy. Picked this up from a friend who got it in 1989 in shotgun news. The ancilliary parts took him years to assemble.Mag pouches are incredible and can post later. He told me it took years to put the bag and small repair parts together. xje

Wow amazing collection. The pouches are the reason I wanted at least 6 magazines
I have been looking at pouches as well butnot only the price is insane there are so many fakes it seems I have to be super cautious.

no its not pitfighter though he is member of the club.

I am not sure about Pete at the moment, he is the guy. if he does not answer in a day or so I will call him for you. but I believe you said it has not transferred to you yet, so again no rush

nothing to add to what mostpeople posted above

repro MP-44 pouches ok check out Claus's site

then take your time and look around, there are some original pouches out there, by reputable folks

the repro czech canvas pouches are made from the same materials as the late war originals There are lots of czech pouches floating around!!! I said it before, I cant help but think, they may actually be post war original czech army pouches. that would not bother me if I knew they were that!!!!!!!!!! verses, repro knock -off's

no its not pitfighter though he is member of the club.

I am not sure about Pete at the moment, he is the guy. if he does not answer in a day or so I will call him for you. but I believe you said it has not transferred to you yet, so again no rush

nothing to add to what mostpeople posted above

repro MP-44 pouches ok check out Claus's site

then take your time and look around, there are some original pouches out there, by reputable folks

the repro czech canvas pouches are made from the same materials as the late war originals There are lots of czech pouches floating around!!! I said it before, I cant help but think, they may actually be post war original czech army pouches. that would not bother me if I knew they were that!!!!!!!!!! verses, repro knock -off's

thank you for the input. Based on what you said, I am going to go ahead and buy good repro pouches and wait for the right original to come by...

BTW here is a close up picture of the barrel pin. It looks kosher to us down to the small dimple on the side of the pin, also the surrounding area seems all original.. Let me know if i am missing anything.

Attachments

• StG44_BarrelPin.jpg
    StG44_BarrelPin.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 77
I bought pouches from ATF and absolutely love them. I bought their green set when they still had them, highly recommended.

If it’s a rewat, it’s a damn good one. Look, I won’t hazard a guess without high res pics or seeing it in person but the reality is - it doesn’t matter. (Does not affect value) My rewat comment was purely a segway into recommending you have a competent gunsmith check it over to include headspace before you shoot it.

I like the rifle, it’s a great example of a late war Haenel Stg, I own many stg’s these days and I would be proud to own that one too! :thumbsup:

I’ll echo sprat and recommend not shooting, but I understand the urge as well. If you break anything and need a replacement part give me or us here a call.

I bought pouches from ATF and absolutely love them. I bought their green set when they still had them, highly recommended.

If it’s a rewat, it’s a damn good one. Look, I won’t hazard a guess without high res pics or seeing it in person but the reality is - it doesn’t matter. (Does not affect value) My rewat comment was purely a segway into recommending you have a competent gunsmith check it over to include headspace before you shoot it.

I like the rifle, it’s a great example of a late war Haenel Stg, I own many stg’s these days and I would be proud to own that one too! :thumbsup:

I’ll echo sprat and recommend not shooting, but I understand the urge as well. If you break anything and need a replacement part give me or us here a call.

Thank you for the advice and tip. Just ordered a type llD pouches with green fabric straps from ATF. They look great. I am not too worried about whether it’s rewat or untouched. I am more interested in finding the history of the gun and what was done to it if any. I hope I don’t break anything when I shoot but if I do you guys will be the first to hear from me.

Not sure if anyone really recommended it directly or indirectly, but please don't buy a spare bolt just to preserve yours unless you're prepared to do all the work necessary to assure it fits properly. Unlike an MP40, the bolt in a MP44 has to be headspaced and trying to preserve the parts in your rifle could actually do harm unless done right. Just putting that out there because I don't want you to get hurt or damage your new prize. The StG marked rifles are very interesting and few and far between.

Does the stock have ribs on the back, and is it all one thickness including the section where it goes into the sheet metal attachment?

Not sure if anyone really recommended it directly or indirectly, but please don't buy a spare bolt just to preserve yours unless you're prepared to do all the work necessary to assure it fits properly. Unlike an MP40, the bolt in a MP44 has to be headspaced and trying to preserve the parts in your rifle could actually do harm unless done right. Just putting that out there because I don't want you to get hurt or damage your new prize. The StG marked rifles are very interesting and few and far between.

Does the stock have ribs on the back, and is it all one thickness including the section where it goes into the sheet metal attachment?

I thought about using spare parts for shooting but i see that that's not a good idea.
BTW i got my stamp recently, a gunsmitth cleaned and checked the rifle, and finally had a chance to shoot today. The rifle ran flowless and i couldn't be happier. It's a soft-shooting gun with a slow rate of fire. Very easy to control. The guys at the gun shop/range asked me if it was real stg 44. :laugh:

Here is a picture of my butstock

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 60
Thank you. I think the sight tower is late production very rough mp 44 but let me know if you noticed something else. Attached is a close up. This one is missing the butt stock storage cap. See attached picture. Looks like it was never installed in the first place.

I love aj block haenels because they are so varied. I have a even later matching numbers 59xx aj which is all bonderized phosphate accept the furrel which is blued. Mine also sports the “plain barrel” muzzle nut delete and the same type of front sight. Interesting my is an earlier style receiver marked MP44 while almost all of them are the later rib delete Stg44. It also has 4 hole handgaurd not 6. My late Sauer AL block is a 6 hole and is also plain barrel muzzl delete but has a slightly different design to the front sight. I think there’s pretty much no standard to these extremely late rifles. Mine would’ve have to be in the last few thousand made in April and probably is sporting a previously rejected Mp44 receiver which got recycled.

Military Rifle Journal
Back