Third Party Press

Hmmmm

I would like to see more pictures and some pictures of the actual rifle.

And I am curious to know how those that have posted already are so confident that it is fake. Is there something obvious that I missed? Please advise.

I too am curious how you could call it bad from 1 photo. Appears to be a 98b? marking at the wrist below the deaths head. You can't make a call on an SS rifle from 1 bad photo. Well, maybe most of the time you can but not in this case.

Of course I’m only speaking for the stock, who knows what the rest of the rifle looks like. Perhaps there is another die I am unfamiliar with, but here are 5 that are identical and the posted rifle is completely different.

Attachments

• 88172824-1E4E-4023-8002-0BA5A85C1A03.jpg
    88172824-1E4E-4023-8002-0BA5A85C1A03.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 70D8B156-9F68-44E8-A762-E9DE9648F1DA.jpeg
    70D8B156-9F68-44E8-A762-E9DE9648F1DA.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 64
"You can't make a call on an SS rifle from 1 bad photo. Well, maybe most of the time you can but not in this case."

OK Mike, that.was.funny.:laugh:

I know we can't make a call on one picture. But why is it every time someone wants a value estimate or to find out if something is honest and legit. They always post one or two pictures?

Just saying

I know we can't make a call on one picture. But why is it every time someone wants a value estimate or to find out if something is honest and legit. They always post one or two pictures?

Just saying

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. When I find something that I need info on, I try and take as many photos as I can. They might not be the best photos but try to take many, not just one.

Just saying

It works everywhere else for high price items. "One looker!" "Exotic freshie!"

I too am curious how you could call it bad from 1 photo. Appears to be a 98b? marking at the wrist below the deaths head. You can't make a call on an SS rifle from 1 bad photo. Well, maybe most of the time you can but not in this case.
Someone posted the same pic on one of the Facebook groups as well and noted this rifle was an S/147 1936.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Which could be entirely plausible as a rework given the correct additional features, however I would ask if someone could post another original rifle with that same DH if so. I haven’t been able to find one, it does however match rather closely with examples in our fake stamp library.

I agree on the DH stamp Clay. It looks like the "Frankenberry" totenkopf in the fake stamp library

I agree on the DH stamp Clay. It looks like the "Frankenberry" totenkopf in the fake stamp library

I kind of agree to that when I first saw it. It is entirely possible that the rifle could be an SS rework but without more pictures who knows. Besides it looks like it's smiling back at me. Which there is a known fake stamp that the skull looks like it smiles back at you.

Kind of like the Goldfish crackers the snack that smiles back.

I kind of agree to that when I first saw it. It is entirely possible that the rifle could be an SS rework but without more pictures who knows. Besides it looks like it's smiling back at me. Which there is a known fake stamp that the skull looks like it smiles back at you.

Kind of like the Goldfish crackers the snack that smiles back.
Yeah, the skull just looks off to me. I just wish people would post more pics sometimes.

4678d84d03dd38d8c62170ca1c58035b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back