Third Party Press

Winter Trigger - Opinions Please

Erniesq

Hello -

I have searched the forum and reviewed the sticky regarding winter triggers - still not 100% sure on this one. I found pictures of others marked "eeu43," but nothing with "WaA556" as well. As you will note, I made no attempt to clean it - this is just how I found it. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Ernie

Attachments

• K98 Winter Trigger 2.jpg
    K98 Winter Trigger 2.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 85
  • K98 Winter Trigger 3.jpg
    K98 Winter Trigger 3.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 64
  • K98 Winter Trigger 4.jpg
    K98 Winter Trigger 4.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 53
  • K98 Winter Trigger 5.jpg
    K98 Winter Trigger 5.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 52
  • K98 Winter Trigger 6.jpg
    K98 Winter Trigger 6.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 57
I think it is real. Here is mine for comparison.

Attachments

• E72331BC-3C2E-4222-A6F0-4E16D401BA3C.jpg
    E72331BC-3C2E-4222-A6F0-4E16D401BA3C.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 46
  • 270BAE5A-71B1-425C-82AE-E6D7B37FEBF5.jpg
    270BAE5A-71B1-425C-82AE-E6D7B37FEBF5.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 35
Opinions on this one?

Attachments

• WT1.jpg
    WT1.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 30
  • WT2.jpg
    WT2.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 33
  • WT3.jpg
    WT3.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 30
Many, including me, think they are period manufacture, others think they are fake.

I've heard that opinion as well, Dave. And while I suppose an "S"-marked trigger could be faked just like anything else, I've compared the one I bought from Globe years ago with "known" good ones and I can't find a hair's worth of difference.

Richie

My opinion is these “S” marked winter triggers are real wartime made pieces. Yours looks exactly like the others I have owned, I think I have 2 of them. They aren’t made like reproductions and predate the usual fakes you see according to old time collectors.

There is a lot of hearsay about them. I have heard many were imported (sold by Globe Militaria?) from Czech Republic military stores long ago, after the fall of Communism. Someone suggested they were post war because of that, but I doubt the Czechs would make something like this and mark it with the German “Mod98” designation as they used different nomenclature. They could have been produced there though, but there’s not much to go on identifying the maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is these “S” marked winter triggers are real wartime made pieces...There is a lot of hearsay about them. I have heard many were imported (sold by Globe Militaria?) from Czech Republic military stores long ago, after the fall of Communism. Someone suggested they were post war because of that, but I doubt the Czechs would make something like this and mark it with the German “Mod98” designation as they used different nomenclature. They could have been produced there though, but there’s not much to go on identifying the maker.

My book identifies "S" as "Dynamit AG (formerly Alfred Nobel), Lambrecht works. I don't know if this is true but, if it is, it seems they'd be a good vendor to go to for stamped parts.

I highly doubt Dynamit AG made these. Look through this postwar bombing report of Dynamit AG:

My old box sat there and spun for ten minutes, and the document still wouldn't load. Inferior equipment unfortunately, I'm sure this was a most interesting read.

But the header only mentioned Vormal, Troisdorf, Clausthal, Drummel and Duneberg. Did Werke Lambrecht also get flattened, before they could've made any triggers?

Richie

My opinion is these “S” marked winter triggers are real wartime made pieces. Yours looks exactly like the others I have owned, I think I have 2 of them. They aren’t made like reproductions and predate the usual fakes you see according to old time collectors.

I resemble that remark (but then so do a lot of other friends and fellow collectors now)! Back in the '80s and beyond, we used a more reverent moniker for our predecessors in referring to them as "The Olde Guard" collectors. Hopefully I will wear it as well as they did...

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back