Third Party Press

Wanting to buy my first Mauser

Hi, I'm a little tired and my eyes are sore so I haven't spent a lot of time searching the forum to see if there was specific place to ask this or what not but I want to buy a rifle for shooting. All I want is for it to not be a 'turd' but I'm willing to put in the money to buy a quality gun. I've been told to head over to gunbroker and I spent some time there and have found an auction or two that peaked my interest but I didn't want to pull the trigger before getting some insight from others. One person on another site told me that a Czechoslovakian produced 'vz. 24' would be a better purchase since they are similar and Yugoslavia rebarreled and stored a lot of them for years so they're easy to find in great condition. Anyways, long story short, I just want to buy something that I can shoot and still be proud to have a nice rifle. Mismatched parts, captured, etc, don't matter. Is it okay for me to ask for a member to dm me an auction that they think is a good buy?

The trader on the board here is the best place to pick up the type of k98 you describe. Someone will come along with one eventually, just keep an eye out. Maybe even post a "want to buy add". I think you need a few more posts to access the trader on this board but with the trader you don't have to bother with gunbroker. Most of the folks on gunbroker are not that knowledgeable about k98's, take terrible photos, or are selling something that's been messed with. Everything here in the trader has been vetted.

Welcome to the boards.

Huh to Vz24 statement

That would be a M24/52c

Vz24 ideally you want with original barrel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The trader on the board here is the best place to pick up the type of k98 you describe. Someone will come along with one eventually, just keep an eye out. Maybe even post a "want to buy add". I think you need a few more posts to access the trader on this board but with the trader you don't have to bother with gunbroker. Most of the folks on gunbroker are not that knowledgeable about k98's, take terrible photos, or are selling something that's been messed with. Everything here in the trader has been vetted.

Welcome to the boards.
Thanks for the information. Do I need to post threads or do I have to just comment on other people's stuff? That's the problem that I had with gunbroker, the photos were pretty bad and I didn't know if that's on purpose to hide something or if they just didn't bother with being more detailed.

Huh to Vz24 statement

That would be a M24/52c

Vz24 ideally you want with original barrel.

Ah, I see. Well thank you for letting me know

You need any 5 posts I believe to get access to trader. Here if anyone tries anything shady it is called out immediately. Unlike gunboards "chit chat" is allowed especially when calling out a fake. I hate even writing that term.

Military Rifle Journal
Back