Third Party Press

Another k98 worth buying?

Ndean9142

Thanks for the input on the other Byf 43 Mauser fellas. Came across this “42” 1939 k98 on gunbroker. What are you guys thoughts on this one?

MODEDIT- No posting of live auctions. Our site is free and there is much free information provided. The cost of that is merely familiarization of our rules, where it says "Sticky: Trader rules. Read before posting:"
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?31438-Trader-rules-Read-before-posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t comment on active auctions but that seller has peddled some questionable items in the past as a newbie I would probably stay away.

Ndean don't take this the wrong way but so far you have posted too bad k98k rifles that got some high price tags on them. I would highly recommend getting some knowledge under your belt first before you start spending $1700-$2,000 out on bad rifles. I would spend some good time here learning the ropes first and making some good connections with fellow collectors that would gladly hook you up with a nice k98k rifle in the future.

Ndean don't take this the wrong way but so far you have posted too bad k98k rifles that got some high price tags on them. I would highly recommend getting some knowledge under your belt first before you start spending $1700-$2,000 out on bad rifles. I would spend some good time here learning the ropes first and making some good connections with fellow collectors that would gladly hook you up with a nice k98k rifle in the future.

No absolutely I appreciate all the input and definitely need to sharpen up my knowledge on them. Just asking around so that I get my money’s worth ya know and get something that’s worth it and has some history.

Military Rifle Journal
Back