Third Party Press

MP44 uncleaned grease look.

pitfighter

Someone mentioned the appeal of greased parts.

Thought I'd share an image.

Found this dummy - possibly an old IMA one.
Popped the stock off, which took about twenty minutes - it definitely wasn't put together in a way to facilitate this, lol - aluminum receiver was "jammed" into the stock ferrule.

48GEsd1l.jpg

This one has either not been touched since it's East German rebuild, or the IMA rebuild and grease.
Looks unfired - the hammer rested up against the aluminum receiver hence the grease wiped off.
The barrel is mirror bore, with exceptionally clean lands.

tzFHR8gl.jpg

Anyway - it will be shot to Hell soon enough.

*Lower/pistol grip + rear sight mount last two digits serial 42 - stock and ferrule last two digits 84 - 88 mark on the gas block - no barrel number, just two sets of letters. qpr on the hand guard.

Last edited:
saw that comment also???????

I too had a yugo IMA MP-44 the triggerpack was greased, ended up modifying it for my semi

good to see you back Jess

I look forward to your build thread!

I won't be posting any such thread.

Feel free to message me.

My friend has a business selling these flats.

The rules are easy enough to follow, but easy to mess up.

I have had three that my 07 built from multiple-blow-torched receiver parts that run like the clappers.
Tor's flats will be easier.

saw that comment also???????

I too had a yugo IMA MP-44 the triggerpack was greased, ended up modifying it for my semi

good to see you back Jess

Did it have the green phosphate finish?

The dozen or so Marstar MP44's I found in XXX all had that finish, with brand new Yugo slings, and "plastic" pistol grips.
The armourer said they arrived like that in a crate in the 80's -
I have not seen the finish on any US parts, and not on pictures of 44's in Yugoslavia when they were issued.
So, it must have been a limited number batch that were refinished.

It was quite cool-looking though.
CXgUvoll.jpg

The one in this thread has no import/refinish markings, although the original serial was crossed out and another stamped beneath it at some point - just another random refinished German import.

I read that other members comments about grease about five minutes after stripping the lower for the first time, a coincidence.

It is interesting what you find in hidden collections around the world.
Often the owners have no idea where the guns come from or what they are, this is not an American rifle, lol.

0sJt8HFl.jpg

Last edited:
Did it have the green phosphate finish?

The dozen or so Marstar MP44's I found in XXX all had that finish, with brand new Yugo slings, and "plastic" pistol grips.
The armourer said they arrived like that in a crate in the 80's -
I have not seen the finish on any US parts, and not on pictures of 44's in Yugoslavia when they were issued.
So, it must have been a limited number batch that were refinished.

It was quite cool-looking though.
CXgUvoll.jpg

The one in this thread has no import/refinish markings, although the original serial was crossed out and another stamped beneath it at some point - just another random refinished German import.

I read that other members comments about grease about five minutes after stripping the lower for the first time, a coincidence.

no jet black flat, on my semi lower
my 1945 rifle has a non phosphate finish or at least not in color it could be a coating as described in a previous post about little coats were applied

I have seen east german kits with phosphate finishes,( blued bolts) but I do not know whether they were re-finished post war or original WW2 finish

no jet black flat, on my semi lower
my 1945 rifle has a non phosphate finish or at least not in color it could be a coating as described in a previous post about little coats were applied

I have seen east german kits with phosphate finishes,( blued bolts) but I do not know whether they were re-finished post war or original WW2 finish

I haven't seen the Yugo green in the US, either on a parts kit or rifle.
Marstar used to find some incredible firearms.

I can closely replicate the green finish if you'd like anything redone on future builds. On mine, I like to have some "phosphate" looking stuff mixed with either blued or black parts.

..nd this dummy - possibly an old IMA one.
Popped the stock off, which took about twenty minutes - it definitely wasn't put together in a way to facilitate this, lol - aluminum receiver was "jammed" into the stock ferrule.

I picked up an MP34o 2nd hand for a great price which I'm nearly certain is an IMA job and same deal. Had to pound the aluminum slug they used for a receiver out. This would be the 3rd time I've heard that.

Nice piece. Someday I'll own one too. At least I hope to. Just can't see paying some of the crazy prices I've seen on the retail and auction sites although a couple of the bigger money auction ones were insanely clean.

well lets make it a 4th time you heard it

I had a IMA dummy I stripped for parts, stock out of the ferrule was on tight was very hard to get off,

green phosphate is easy to do, that includes gray & black and different degree's of shade formula's are found on all the well known build sites.

well lets make it a 4th time you heard it

Thanks Sprat! I'm sensing a trend here. :laugh:

I had a IMA dummy I stripped for parts.

I'm also sensing another trend here. So I'm on the IMA list and see their 'ask' on many of these same pieces. I personally would not pay those prices but am finding often when they reappear on the secondary market be that where it may the price is much more reasonable and they are a great source of either spares or a base build for a semi project or postie if you have the license.

I can closely replicate the green finish if you'd like anything redone on future builds. On mine, I like to have some "phosphate" looking stuff mixed with either blued or black parts.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

I think we'll go with that same (or similar) WW2 look for this, these are primarily movie guns.

Thanks Sprat! I'm sensing a trend here. :laugh:

I'm also sensing another trend here. So I'm on the IMA list and see their 'ask' on many of these same pieces. I personally would not pay those prices but am finding often when they reappear on the secondary market be that where it may the price is much more reasonable and they are a great source of either spares or a base build for a semi project or postie if you have the license.[/QUOTE

I thought the IMA dummy's were Yugo's mp-44's surplussed out, source of good parts, barrels, lowers, buttstock, grips, sights etc.
Hard to tell where they came from. The trigger guard was greased up good and all there. I had to remove the auto trip & rivet for semi. the rest of the internals were like new

Military Rifle Journal
Back