Third Party Press

Russian Capture with Stamped Numbers on Receiver

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me identify the stamped numbers represent on the receiver above the manufacturer code on this Russian capture I just purchased. It has the typical force matched stamp on the left side of the stock, missing capture screw and cleaning rod, mixed part numbers, and electro-penciling. It has no import mark and no typical X stamp. Could this be a contract number by the germans? Is it a stamp by the Russians or perhaps another country they sold/gave them to? I apologize if it is easily answered- I searched the threads and couldn't find anything helpful and also posted on a C&R page on Facebook with no luck and this is my first K98 so I'm a newbie.

Attachments

• k98 1.jpg
    k98 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 139
  • k98 2.jpg
    k98 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 170
Well, it’s not wartime done by the Germans that’s for sure. Do you have some kind of proof that it’s a Russian capture? It could be any postwar country and there’s no telling what the number means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it’s not wartime done by the Germans that’s for sure. Do you have some kind of proof that it’s a Russian capture? It could be any postwar country and there’s no telling what the number means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has the typical force match electro-penciling to match the actual receiver number, It's been re-blued as the site is not polished, was missing capture screws and lastly has the receiver number stamped on the back stock's left side. These are all typical of a RC. Not typical? that stamped number on top of the receiver and no import mark. I agree with you that it had to be some other post war country. The fact that it has no import mark is leading me to believe that the Russia's provided this to another 'ally' and that country stamped the receiver and was perhaps a bring-back... so I was thinking Vietnam? But that's all conjecture on my part.

you need more pictures and one of much better quality, also are there other proofs under the wood and under the barrel

is the buttstock serial numbered???

otherwise its anyone guess

you need more pictures and one of much better quality, also are there other proofs under the wood and under the barrel

is the buttstock serial numbered???

otherwise its anyone guess

Haven't take it apart but it does have the horizontal stamped numbers on the left butt stock typical of a RC.

Military Rifle Journal
Back