Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bend over for Pre98

Default Bend over for Pre98

https://pre98.com/shop/very-importan...wn-to-the-rod/

Reasonable price, wouldnít you say?

i thought that was the one that just sold for 8K,
    it's not

when all the k98s actually cost this, the hobby will be dead

Hey man, Scotty's got a food habit to support. That isn't cheap.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

Always one to find the deals arenít you Nathan 😂🤣😂

Reminder that itís only worth that much if somebody actually buys it.
    THE CHATTER MARKS ON THE STOCK WILL DRIVE COLLECTORS INTO A FIT OF FRENZY.

All these comments on selling/asking prices of k98 rifles...When these buyers, purchase these rifles at their cost...They list them for their retail price and then sell again, it is called capitalism...You don't like their price they paid, bid on the auction, make em pay! When they flip and make money...Good for them...There again it's capitalism....They took better pictures...They marketed them...They have sheeple that pay those prices....Lucky them....You know, I admit, I am lucky...I find things relatively reasonable, if it doesn't fit my interest, I move it along....NO COMMENTS ROB...LOL...I don't need to get rich...They apparently do....They have overhead and other associated costs with their business....This, I admit hurts the hobby, to keep collectible rifles out of the hands of collectors...But most of the time, they pick up rifles on associated websites and try to flip...Again, Capitalism.....Unless they totally hump the item...some 1911's from scotty's site, come to mind...Buyer beware....Just my 2 cents...I know it sucks...Learn something...take a chance on 4 picture auctions, but know what you are looking at!!You might be pleasantly surprised....I know I have!!!!

To be honest he's actually had that rifle for quite a while. I actually smile at that thought, because a couple guns that Scotty has bid on gunbroker. I've bid against him and I've made him pay for a couple and in the end he didn't make as much money.

The one that really pisses me off is the 1904 carbine Fiasco of his. Basically saying that came out of an old Museum and it's totally original when I have the before and after pictures in my files.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Default What is a reasonable price for a matching 34K date

Iíve been watching this forum for about 4 years and have collected about 12 correct matching Kar98kís . Havenít had a lot of input because I feel Iím still in the learning phase compared to a lot of regulars on this site. I started out wanting to collect one correct K98 for each year but now I want to find any year and code I donít have. I was just wondering yesterday what I should pay for a correct 34K if Iím lucky enough to find one . This one seems more than just a bit outrageous.. any guidance on what the value is on something like this?

I think the going retail price for a good K date Sauer is 6-10k, Iíve seen them sell in that range. Iíve seen them sell for less. With that said, a saavy shopper can get them for much less, one just sold a few weeks back for less than 2k. You could find one in a pawn shop for $159 too, the hunt is the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.