Third Party Press

Bend over for Pre98

i thought that was the one that just sold for 8K,
it's not

when all the k98s actually cost this, the hobby will be dead

All these comments on selling/asking prices of k98 rifles...When these buyers, purchase these rifles at their cost...They list them for their retail price and then sell again, it is called capitalism...You don't like their price they paid, bid on the auction, make em pay! When they flip and make money...Good for them...There again it's capitalism....They took better pictures...They marketed them...They have sheeple that pay those prices....Lucky them....You know, I admit, I am lucky...I find things relatively reasonable, if it doesn't fit my interest, I move it along....NO COMMENTS ROB...LOL...I don't need to get rich...They apparently do....They have overhead and other associated costs with their business....This, I admit hurts the hobby, to keep collectible rifles out of the hands of collectors...But most of the time, they pick up rifles on associated websites and try to flip...Again, Capitalism.....Unless they totally hump the item...some 1911's from scotty's site, come to mind...Buyer beware....Just my 2 cents...I know it sucks...Learn something...take a chance on 4 picture auctions, but know what you are looking at!!You might be pleasantly surprised....I know I have!!!!

To be honest he's actually had that rifle for quite a while. I actually smile at that thought, because a couple guns that Scotty has bid on gunbroker. I've bid against him and I've made him pay for a couple and in the end he didn't make as much money.

The one that really pisses me off is the 1904 carbine Fiasco of his. Basically saying that came out of an old Museum and it's totally original when I have the before and after pictures in my files.

What is a reasonable price for a matching 34K date

I’ve been watching this forum for about 4 years and have collected about 12 correct matching Kar98k’s . Haven’t had a lot of input because I feel I’m still in the learning phase compared to a lot of regulars on this site. I started out wanting to collect one correct K98 for each year but now I want to find any year and code I don’t have. I was just wondering yesterday what I should pay for a correct 34K if I’m lucky enough to find one . This one seems more than just a bit outrageous.. any guidance on what the value is on something like this?

I think the going retail price for a good K date Sauer is 6-10k, I’ve seen them sell in that range. I’ve seen them sell for less. With that said, a saavy shopper can get them for much less, one just sold a few weeks back for less than 2k. You could find one in a pawn shop for $159 too, the hunt is the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......the hunt is the journey.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LikelyFilthyCougar-small.gif

Thanks

I appreciate the guidance and the answer! The prices are all over the road on the net so Sometimes it’s good to get clarification. I’ll keep looking at the local gun shops the pawnshops.

Remember, there is a whole group of people out there who like being bent over.

Military Rifle Journal
Back