Third Party Press

Thread: Yugoslavian M1924 Type1 Cavalry Carbine

Default Yugoslavian M1924 Type1 Cavalry Carbine

Picked this up earlier this month, finally had time to post it here. This is a Yugoslavian M1924 Type 1 Calvary Carbine, the version with the odd looking bent bolt. This one has all-matching numbers, stock has King Peter crest the other stock inspection marks on keel are present but faint. I believe this was made in 1938.

The unfortunate thing about this version is information on them are very limited (just a blurb in Branko and Ball's books).

I do not know how many of these were produced or how many are left but it cannot be that many.

Any and all comments welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently looking for quality, matching, as issued, ww2 Soviet rifles and handguns.

More pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently looking for quality, matching, as issued, ww2 Soviet rifles and handguns.

Very nice rifle! This variant seems to be the least common after the Chetnik short barreled carbines. Not sure of the production numbers for these, but I don't think too many percentage wise survived in this configuration after the post war M24/47 program. I have seen very many 24/47's that have wood-plugged wrist swivel type 2 carbine stocks. The wider carbine dual sling position lower bands also got the side sling bar ground off during the refurb program as well.
    Last edited by Stan; 11-27-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Outstanding!

You're correct, there's next to no info on these, or the Type II's for that matter. That one is in nice shape, certainly better than alot of the standard configuration M1924's I've been seeing lately. Congrats on a great pickup and a beautiful rifle!

Best,
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

Nice find! Congrats!!!....Truly a rare rifle....

#doomandgloom

Dang Kampfy you find some good ones. That one l, the Chetnik, and original FN 1924 are the only Yugos I desire and I have none of them. Congrats

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk