Third Party Press

Oberndorf 1944 production anomalies

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
I am going to add to this thread over time to cover all the variations I have and would love
to have any members add to it if any new variations are exposed.

First up are an 'a' block blank receiver and an 'i' block using a 'byf43' coded receiver.
I believe one of our forum members owned this rifle and Mike was kind enough to send it up here.

Anyway, previous to the blank receiver showing up on GB, I was unaware of any variations of this type.
Well another in the 'k' block showed up here as well so that make two.

The left over receiver is a real head scratcher, especially this late in 1944.

Blank rec: 17814a BC: 43D1104
byf43 (44 production): 20599i BC: 44E20

Attachments

• DSC_0052b.jpg
    DSC_0052b.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0057b.jpg
    DSC_0057b.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0058a.jpg
    DSC_0058a.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0063b.jpg
    DSC_0063b.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0065b.jpg
    DSC_0065b.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0066b.jpg
    DSC_0066b.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I once owned the I block rifle. Had me stumped as to what it was-Mike helped me figure it out and I sold it to him a short time later, probably to fund something else.

I once owned the I block rifle. Had me stumped as to what it was-Mike helped me figure it out and I sold it to him a short time later, probably to fund something else.

You sold a Mauser made rifle Nathan I'm shocked! That's like your favorite maker. Hell people here would think I'm sick or something letting one of my AX coded rifles go!

I am going to add to this thread over time to cover all the variations I have and would love
to have any members add to it if any new variations are exposed.

First up are an 'a' block blank receiver and an 'i' block using a 'byf43' coded receiver.
I believe one of our forum members owned this rifle and Mike was kind enough to send it up here.

Anyway, previous to the blank receiver showing up on GB, I was unaware of any variations of this type.
Well another in the 'k' block showed up here as well so that make two.

The left over receiver is a real head scratcher, especially this late in 1944.

Blank rec: 17814a BC: 43D1104
byf43 (44 production): 20599i BC: 44E20
In my opinion this thread deserves to be revived and I hope more collectors will participate.

Please check the block, I suspect byf43 Sn. 20599i it is not an "i" but an "l" block and was assembled around December 1944. Even if the difference seems very small, it is of great importance for other things.

Here is my original post when I found the rifle. Just one of several nice rifles that I wish I had kept.

The byf43 'i' block fits squarely in the range of that 44 block with the various numbered parts.

My meager contribution ......

Military Rifle Journal
Back