Third Party Press

Chilean 1895

dtemme

Hello all, I just got a Chilean 1895 and am wondering if the numbers are a match and if it matters. I am also wondering if a scope will fit an 1895 or where I can find the parts I need for my front and rear sights. Any help is apprecitated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 24
Hello all, I just got a Chilean 1895 and am wondering if the numbers are a match and if it matters. I am also wondering if a scope will fit an 1895 or where I can find the parts I need for my front and rear sights. Any help is apprecitated. Thanks

It does not look like your rifle is a numbers matching example. As a collector's item that lowers the value quite a bit, but it may be OK as a shooter. There are plenty of matching number Chilean 1895 rifles around. Liberty Tree Collectors in Maine seems to have rear and front sight parts. I can't tell you anything about a scope, but if it is an otherwise complete rifle and not cut down, you will decrease the value by adding one. If it is a cut down rifle, it probably won't matter if you put a scope on it.

Sight parts are available from several sources, Liberty typically has the highest prices, and the parts are not always "correct". If your not worried about the parts being correct, since it is not a matching rifle, I would shop elsewhere.

A scope will not fit without alterations, drill and tap, redoing the bolt handle, etc. If you want a scoped rifle, keep an eye out for rifles that are already sporterized, they are readily available, and will cost less than having the work done to this rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back