Third Party Press

Thread: Good Evening Everyone!

Default Good Evening Everyone!

Hey guys, my name's Matt and I'm obviously new here. I've always wanted a 98k and stumbled across one the other day at a LGS that looked like a decent price. I ended up here after some Googling and came across this wealth of information. The rifle appears to be mostly matching with the exception of the bolt assembly which I guess is pretty common. It's byf 42 IIRC. I just wish I took some pics.

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by mach1matt View Post
    Hey guys, my name's Matt and I'm obviously new here. I've always wanted a 98k and stumbled across one the other day at a LGS that looked like a decent price. I ended up here after some Googling and came across this wealth of information. The rifle appears to be mostly matching with the exception of the bolt assembly which I guess is pretty common. It's byf 42 IIRC. I just wish I took some pics.
    Welcome aboard, a byf42 is not rare but is difficult to find in any kind of matching condition. Hope you pay a fair price for it but without photos we can't guide you on it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by mowzerluvr View Post
    Welcome aboard, a byf42 is not rare but is difficult to find in any kind of matching condition. Hope you pay a fair price for it but without photos we can't guide you on it's value.
    I'm honestly on the fence as to whether or not I want to spend that kind of money right now. There's no way I would without taking pics first and posting them here though. It's a cool rifle though. Definitely looks like it was used in the war and possibly a vet bring back as it didn't appear to have any import marks on it. I'll be seeing my friend in the area in about a week so if they still have it, i'll take some pics then. Thanks!

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

An honest, bolt mismatch without any other issues will generally run about $800-$1,200. Rarer codes will command more. Byf42 being harder to locate can/will run medium to the higher value of that. Again if it has no other issues. If it comes with an original sling, sight hood and/or cleaning rod... even better.