Third Party Press

SVW 45 b block phosphate

Thanks

In Pa go to the Forks of the Delaware shows in Allentown. Introduce yourself to PA collectors...like me... visit and view their collections.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it. I sadly couldn't make it to the Forks of Delaware show over the weekend, but it's good to know I was looking in the right direction with that one. I live in Western PA (in the Pittsburgh area) so all of the bigger events tend to be out of my way.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it. I sadly couldn't make it to the Forks of Delaware show over the weekend, but it's good to know I was looking in the right direction with that one. I live in Western PA (in the Pittsburgh area) so all of the bigger events tend to be out of my way.

You got the MAX show out there...that is one of the premier militaria shows in the US, right up there with Show of Shows....don't miss that one!

You got the MAX show out there...that is one of the premier militaria shows in the US, right up there with Show of Shows....don't miss that one!

Duly noted, thanks. College schedule's probably gonna make it harder to get to, it but I'll trust your word on it and make it happen. It's pretty far away from now (just looked and the next one's in Sept 2020), so that at least gives me time to plan ahead.

Duly noted, thanks. College schedule's probably gonna make it harder to get to, it but I'll trust your word on it and make it happen. It's pretty far away from now (just looked and the next one's in Sept 2020), so that at least gives me time to plan ahead.

Wow, you're right, they moved it to York! Used to be right there in the Pittsburgh area...well, in any case, do make it there if you can, its amazing...

And not to derail this too far, Jack, that is a tremendous rifle....love the svwMB's, especially an all phosphate one!

I have a late "c" block that is German assembled, but its a rescued sporter...

First I can't believe I didn't comment. Great find Jack! I thought this might be of help for some newer guys. There's been some chatter about sanded stocks and how do people know? Here's a pic of Jack's stock (hope it's ok to use) and you can see the upper edge is very lightly and evenly beveled and the drilled hole depth and sharpness of it's edges. Perfect! Sorry for the lame paint skillz but you get the idea.

crisp.jpg

Hi Jack,

Newbe question here, what is phosphate? I’m new to all this and keen to learn.

Thanks[/QUOT

No problem. Phosphate is a type of finish put on the rifles. Bluing of the finish was used at the beginning of the war. As the war progressed zinc phosphating was used as a lower cost alternative finish. The colors could range from black, grey, green to clear.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back