Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 43 Steyr rifle with no "z" in bnz...

Default 43 Steyr rifle with no "z" in bnz...

Hey guys, posting this for someone. Have any of you come across anything like this? It's a Steyr produced rifle (WaA623), but there is no z stamped after the bn.... is this an anomaly or something often seen?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Not common

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin5000 View Post
    Hey guys, posting this for someone. Have any of you come across anything like this? It's a Steyr produced rifle (WaA623), but there is no z stamped after the bn.... is this an anomaly or something often seen?
    Never saw that before>..

It’s appears to be a tilted die, see how heavy the B is fading to light on the edge of the N.

Any picture of the receiver in good light no shadow? Also, what's going on with the serial?

To the outside edge of sloppy, but not shocking re Steyr.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

I don’t see any markings on the barrel which is unusual. Something is going on with the serial number as someone already mentioned and as shown in the enlargement I’ve made. None of it looks recent though, lots of crud at the metal/wood line. I’d like to see the rest of the gun, all over. I don’t recall seeing a “bn” bnz before but that doesn’t mean anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A3 View Post
    I don’t see any markings on the barrel which is unusual. Something is going on with the serial number as someone already mentioned and as shown in the enlargement I’ve made. None of it looks recent though, lots of crud at the metal/wood line. I’d like to see the rest of the gun, all over. I don’t recall seeing a “bn” bnz before but that doesn’t mean anything!

Well, it looks like the newb stamping that day first stamped the "6" on its side, then restamped it right side up...fucked up the bnz too, maybe it was take your kid to work day...

Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    Well, it looks like the newb stamping that day first stamped the "6" on its side, then restamped it right side up...fucked up the bnz too, maybe it was take your kid to work day...

I was kinda thinking the same thing, the apprentice working while the boss was at lunch...That's pretty bad, even for Steyr.

KJ
    "Was wären Ihre Männer lieber, müde oder tot?" - Rommel

Please contact me if you have Hitler Jugend items for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    Hahaha maybe it’s a “Monday” rifle or a “Friday” rifle!

I do see a marking here (maybe “3”) which IS normal for Steyr rifles, but I’d expect to be able to see a bunch more markings around the barrel here.