Third Party Press

Greetings

Bluecoat

Hello to everyone out there!
I'm new to the forum and don't know much, but hope to learn. I've been looking for a matching K98 for a while and had an experienced friend direct me here, as well as to the books by Karem and Steves. So far the books have been worth everything I paid for them, so I have high hopes for learning from the knowledgeable userbase on here.
For a bit of background, I'm specifically interested in K98s since I'm a second-generation German myself. I had two great uncles who died fighting for the Wehrmacht in Russia, and my grandfather was a Stuka pilot who was shot down over England. I wanted to get a K98 since I never met any of them (they died before I was born) and they sadly could not leave anything behind; I figure it would have been the rifle my great uncles would have used, and I'm very interested in firearms anyway.
I started researching them about 4 years ago, so while I'm familiar with Mausers, I didn't know any of the specifics until I got the books about one month ago. I have an M48 I bought while looking for a K98 (closest thing I could find near me) and a MAS I got as a graduation gift, but that's about it for my old-world rifle collection.
I'll be looking for one from a German manufacturer, specifically Oberndorf am Neckar since it's the most common of the lot. It's a pretty tall order to find a matching one in and of itself, so if anybody has tips for where to look and things to consider, I'd appreciate it.
I hope we all get along well on here, and happy Saint Nicholas Day.

Welcome. Best thing you could do buying the new books. Plenty of knowledge to be gained. As far as making a purchase of a 98k I would advise you keep tabs on the Trader here for a quality example. Guys here know their stuff and are honest. I am a fairly new member myself and have gained a lot of knowledge from the members. Best of luck with your search and check in here for info.

Military Rifle Journal
Back