Third Party Press

Lsr auction

Did anyone see this in person? Is this what matching base lsrs bring? I was watching for fun it surprised by the price.
https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...loff-Werke-Weimer-K98/lotInformation/51100538

No that is the I have more money than I need price. Probably worth $18000 to $22000 to the normal collector. Just my opinion of course. That was just the hammer price too. You have to factor in 15% buyers premium + taxes now + shipping and insurance. So that is insane.

It was an awesome Sauer LSR in my opinion.

No that is the I have more money than I need price. Probably worth $18000 to $22000 to the normal collector. Just my opinion of course. That was just the hammer price too. You have to factor in 15% buyers premium + taxes now + shipping and insurance. So that is insane.

It was an awesome Sauer LSR in my opinion.
+1. I agree with Brian. Very desirable rifle but a very high price.

RIA has had 3 of these to date and all have had a Hammer from $27,500 to $30,000 . These SAUER LSR Machined Ring Rifle are near impossible to find rarity & condition often equals above average prices . Try to find one of these LSR thats 100% Matching , its very very though find . People always say market sets the value whether or not you agree the price for all 3 sold by RIA has been consistent . Out side of an auction You may get one for less if You can find one thats 100% Matching . Best Regards .

I was watching this one (not that I intended to bid, but...) such a nice rifle, I wish I had the ability to bid, I really was in pain over seeing this one, it is something I really wish I could afford. In my top 3 after any SS double claw and a BYF44 HT with bek scope.

Really nice rifle, and I guess that's the market price. I don't think it was off by much if anything.

Jeff

Last edited:
It had rust pitting on scope, but still really nice. I really liked it, but not for 30K. I’d have to chew on that idea for a while. Makes non-matching optics matched base rifle look pretty good. Put the scope on you want. Ha Ha.

Last edited:
Something I have been thinking about and talking with MrFarb about; traditional thought is that JPS LSR rifles are rarer than Gusloff. However, it seems that I see more matching JPS rifles than Gustloff. Also, from my experience I find more JPS mounts when by themselves.

However, this has been my experience. What has been other's experience? How about those of you that keep serial number lists, which manufacturer do you have more reports of? Is it a fact that Gustloff assembled more Long Side Rails then JP Sauer? Or is this just gun show talk. Curious to hear from others.

I don’t have a huge list, but maybe 10 years worth of looking plus a small head start. My list has a few more Gustloff LSR Scopes/Mounts than Sauer LSR Scopes/Mounts. My personal LSR Scope collection has more Sauer Scopes and mounts than Gustloff. It seems there are more Gustloff LSR Rifles. I think those are the most common. Sauer LSR Rifles are relatively hard to find I think. At least good ones.

Last edited:
IMHO had the Scope on the RIA SAUER LSR not had the blemishes on right side of scope then it would have likely reach much closer to the 30K hammer price . I spoke with others about the scope issue and all were of the opinion that it would affect the value . Regardless of the Scope Issue its still a very desirable and very difficult LSR to find in Matching Cond.

I hope hew owner is happy with his new rifle....

IMHO , If he`s not he should have taken a much closer look at the Rifle before spending over 30+K on it .
Even with the Scope blemishes it is a great Sauer LSR .

Military Rifle Journal
Back