Third Party Press

Newbie Here

mooboy263

Greetings from Tennessee. I inherited a sporterized Mauser from my father-in-law. It has a modified military stock and a large rig Mauser receiver. It is mated to a 30-06 barrel from a J. C. Higgins Model 50 rifle. The S/ f the recever is 6195, has a waffenstamp, also eagle over 280. I want to date the action but no date stamp on top of the large ring. How can I date this action? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Tennessee. I inherited a sporterized Mauser from my father-in-law. It has a modified military stock and a large rig Mauser receiver. It is mated to a 30-06 barrel from a J. C. Higgins Model 50 rifle. The S/ f the recever is 6195, has a waffenstamp, also eagle over 280. I want to date the action but no date stamp on top of the large ring. How can I date this action? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The year is indicated on the top of the reciever if it hasn't been scrubbed of those markings. Either the whole year or the last two digits, along with the manufacturer designation should reside on the top of the ring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back