Third Party Press

StG display gun

Considering prices today for parts kits (5k+) I am not surprised. It is ai block 45 so that’s pretty cool, I don’t particularly like the sling but, yeah - not surprising at all.

I wouldn't trust the date or serial numbers on that firearm. They mean nothing when a someone is clearly skilled enough to weld a receiver together and antique blue it.

I have sold and traded parts and dummy guns to IMA and watched them turn around, after working on them and concocting salesman stories, they run a business.

Thanks for the replies and extra information. I really like these (what collector doesn't?) and watch prices when I can. Despite their claims of "Constructed by one of our own precision-minded master-craftsman gunsmiths. This display gun was built from the ground up with exacting detail" it's not really that great IMHO. Seen much better from garage builders... honestly. Here's a repaired cut from their own photos.

repair.jpg

Kind of wondered how much the 'late war' aspect and the slide playing in the sale? I'm aware of a very nice all matching single saw cut kit that sold high earlier this year and another not quite as nice 2 cut that was also high. I guess this is the normal now with these.

Thanks for the replies and extra information. I really like these (what collector doesn't?) and watch prices when I can. Despite their claims of "Constructed by one of our own precision-minded master-craftsman gunsmiths. This display gun was built from the ground up with exacting detail" it's not really that great IMHO. Seen much better from garage builders... honestly. Here's a repaired cut from their own photos.

View attachment 222951

Kind of wondered how much the 'late war' aspect and the slide playing in the sale? I'm aware of a very nice all matching single saw cut kit that sold high earlier this year and another not quite as nice 2 cut that was also high. I guess this is the normal now with these.

Is IMA-USA employing child labor? The receiver has without a doubt been rewelded by a five year old.
The receiver looks like a late war flat side type, maybe Steyr. The sling is ridiculous and doesn't even fit the stock cutout.

Ok so it's not just me. :laugh:

As I said I try to watch items that interest me or I'd like to purchase and of course they sent me an email about this 'feature item'. First thought was the price was on the high side for a dummy. Maybe close to a grand high IM(O When I checked it was already sold so I needed to look at it more and read their description. Someone couldn't wait to pull the trigger on this apparently?

I’ve been watching StG kits a little more closely lately and wondered about this latest IMA offering myself. I have been toying with the idea of picking up a decent kit (preferably saw cut with intact markings) in the new year but the prices have been something of a sticker shock! Definitely late to the game on these!

Maybe if it came with a complete parts kit, but looks like it's missing a lot of pieces and the rest of the workmanship is so-so. I haven't spent any time looking, but I'll bet there are better options if someone is just looking for an accurate prop.

If you package it right , you can bottle and sell shite at a nice profit ......

Just for a prop, why not a Shoei non gun Stg44 ???????

No one will know unless they handle it up close and carefully inspect it....

For that kind of money one can look for a PTR44, hard pass. If it can't shoot or can't be made to shoot I say no go.

Just for a prop, why not a Shoei non gun Stg44 ???????

I have bought quite a few items for film-work from Matsumoto at Shoei.
He is currently doing a new run of MP44's -
If you look at at his FB page he has filmed sections of the process, I think he is showing the magazine forming and building right now.

While not real firearms by any stretch of the imagination, his work as a small shop artisan is pretty incredible - https://www.facebook.com/Shoei-Seisakusho-Inc-881638911894289/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARChOmGWOTrCkxtehA4CTxb5DqG06ANq4NZaPe1uVBEJGSaAD-sYc0mt6_fXIFFw-iyTjxX6ix0Z9A7X

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it. Pit, that Shoei model. Live size and weight I believe? If I saw correctly. Is there a price point yet and are they blank firing or just true models? Thanks

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it. Pit, that Shoei model. Live size and weight I believe? If I saw correctly. Is there a price point yet and are they blank firing or just true models? Thanks

Shoei guns have a blank barrel but come with I believe 5 dummy rounds.

The Shoei guns are 100% non-firing replica, the action works, cycling with dummy rounds, but they have no firing-pin.
The MP44's do not fire blanks or any kind. They do not fire the re-usable plug-fire cap system like some Japanese model guns.
They did an air-soft conversation at one time - but really I don't know much about it.
I think this next run of MP44's are about $1200 each - reach out to him, if you're interested he's a cool cat.

But, check on his site the info. is all there.

The Shoei MP44 I bought, had an original WW2 lower (trigger group) and stock (Ferrule and stock) and original magazine - that fitted the Shoe receiver perfectly with no adjustment.
Matsumoto sold me a Shoei lower, stock and magazine, so I kept the original parts and sold the whole MP44 replica to buy more original parts.

The Shoei is dimensionally the same on the exterior, and weighs a little less, I think - you cannot exchange the bolt or op-rod obviously.

I don't have a picture of the Shoei/original MP44 I owned on Imgur, but here is one of the Shoei FG42's

Top - Shoei
2nd from Top - Original
3rd from Top - Shoei
Bottom - Frankenstein.
m7TM5WHl.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back