Third Party Press

Stupid Gunboards advise again

Gunboards actually tried to get facebook groups to come to the forum when facebook was banning all the groups. I guess you reap what you sow.

Sowing derp seeds eventually gets you a derp forest. Derp also can't resist clicking and clicking on links like this one, currently headlining the Mauser Forum, "Siamese Twins are 27 Years Old- and Make a Life Changing Decision." I reckon their life changing decision is to ride a moped? I'll never know. Such a link then has more click bait on each page that hoodwinks a derp into clicking and clicking, like swirling down an intellectual toilet.

twins.jpg

With all sincerity, I'm glad that the K98k forum that we started at GB is still up and running with lots of visits and clicks. It keeps much derp occupied and clicking and not here derping.

Last edited:
They are the "experts" on Facebook. As Facebook continues to shutdown the firearms and German Militaria groups there they show up elsewhere.

Oh yeah the French forum mod is very active on Facebook.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One of those Facebook “experts” just aggressively polished a pretty uncommon 1915 Danzig build on an early receiver because he thought it was cold blue and said it wasn’t just staining because, “he knows patina when he sees it”. It now looks more like the chrome on the outside of an old diner than a rifle.

One of those Facebook “experts” just aggressively polished a pretty uncommon 1915 Danzig build on an early receiver because he thought it was cold blue and said it wasn’t just staining because, “he knows patina when he sees it”. It now looks more like the chrome on the outside of an old diner than a rifle.

Dumber moped.jpg

Saw that over and over. Even rarer ones than that.

I see a connection between the click bait on Gunboards:
twins moped.jpg

and the referenced Gunboards' receiver polishers:
Dumber moped.jpg

Last edited:
Gunboards

I don't know what goes on there. But every so often they get a "hair in their a$$" and don't accept my password. They have done it to me more than once. They kept me off a few months the first time then later got it worked out with so help from
another member. What I like is they say they don't use cookies but they always know it's me. I have been kicked off for over a year this last time. They let me on as a guest but that is all. I don't think much of their k98 forum, but some I still like
mostly the Japanese forum. The good thing about being a guess is it keeps you from replying to anything.

Yeah am glad MrFarb set him straight. Not exactly rocket science that collectors much prefer unmolested examples.

So much derp there now. The Military Mauser, Italian Weapons and Mannlicher, et al. forum still attract talent, but the French one is about to slip into the abyss. Agree on kelt being the undercover voice of knowledge and authority there, in contrast to the 'official' figure. Overall, they don't seem willing to admit that German soldiers and sailors used an a$$-ton of captured French weapons, and try to avoid that subject like the plague. Too uncomfortable, I guess...:googlie

I almost forgot the Lee Enfield Forum. It seems like a good spot, with alot of very knowledgeable guys still on board.

You really have to pick and choose carefully on Gunboards now. I don't really mind that since I don't collect everything, but this is the place to be.

Pat

The Swedish Military section is still on the up and up.

"Smoke Pole" (black powder) was pretty good a few years ago....haven't been around there in a while though....mostly haunt the trader section.

t

Gunboards has a solid listing for Gun shows which I still, on occasion use. However, after that...….there is no creditably information being exchanged. Your honestly wasting your time on this site.

Gunboards has a solid listing for Gun shows which I still, on occasion use. However, after that...….there is no creditably information being exchanged. Your honestly wasting your time on this site.
I couldn't agree more about that site

Military Rifle Journal
Back