Third Party Press

Stupid Gunboards advise again

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I'm starting to see more and more of these threads over there. It really is amazing the advise members give. A newer member picks up a nice all matching and untouched dot44 for $700. Yeah that's like unheard of in today's market. And someone there says "rub boiled linseed oil on that stock". And when Farb question him on his advise it's the typical BS answer "my K98k rifles have always brought top prices."

What the hell ever. I'm starting to wonder what is in the water over there with some of the members.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1122421-Advice-on-a-K98-for-sale

That thread was a rollercoaster, I'm gonna need heart medication one of these days if I keep reading stuff like that. Great resolution though, the OP knew better than to do it.

It really does amaze me mb44kar sometimes. But it goes to show you how Gunboards really is nowadays a sinking ship. Main reason I stick around here more!

There is still alot of great people there but it's getting to be less and less though regrettably.

Yeah caught that one myself. Some can never leave well enough alone! Never touched the stock on my dad's bringback.

The other thing is I’ve not observed the plum colour on an extractor that hasn’t been re-blued but that’s probably due to my lack of experience

crap, i guess all mine were re- blued........:googlie

The other thing is I’ve not observed the plum colour on an extractor that hasn’t been re-blued but that’s probably due to my lack of experience

crap, i guess all mine were re- blued........:googlie

At least he admitted to not knowing if he was right...though the phosphate finish comment did raise my eyebrow lol

I was done over there when it was sold to the Canuckistan clickbait company and then it apparently got overrun by Fakebookers. Me and Farb started the K98k forum there when GK imploded due to gross mismanagement and abuses. GB was outstanding, but due to the abusive wanker conduct of some of its “Supermoderators” the founding of this site was required.

I no longer participate at the GB K98k forum I started because it is now too much of a struggle having intelligent,meaningful, and enlightening discourse. I think it’s a great place for guys to discuss refinished RC stocks and bedding K98k actions, and BOTW type stuff. Those who want to advance can come here.

At least he admitted to not knowing if he was right...though the phosphate finish comment did raise my eyebrow lol

yea, by that time, the stupidity got contagious, and i started to not even trust myself..... "that's not a phospate! wait am I sure?? of course i am.!!!!.... argggg stupidity is catching,,,,,,,, " I envy people that can know nothing and talk in complete fact..

I have never had that much self esteem i guess......LOL

I used to belong, but gave up on Gun Boards K98k several years ago. Coincidentally, tonight I just happened to run across one the eleventy billion GB K98k threads about MM. It read like a bunch of 13 year old girls, who think they know everything, but in actuality have a vacuum between their ears, arguing with periodic interjections of logic and knowledge from knowledgeable individuals, many whom are now here. You simply cannot sway stupid/ignorant/narcissistic douchebags with facts, or logic.

If I could change one thing in this world, it would be to remove anonymity from the internet. Well, that or having my 22 year old body back and know what I know today. But I digress...:moon:

KJ

It really does amaze me mb44kar sometimes. But it goes to show you how Gunboards really is nowadays a sinking ship. Main reason I stick around here more!

There is still alot of great people there but it's getting to be less and less though regrettably.

Is that the same guy who destroyed his G43? Then called people dirt collectors and insisted he made it better by agressively cleaning and applying BLO to it?

I only really went on the other Military Mauser and Mosin forums at gunboards. I quickly realized most were full of shite in regards to Finns and were out to spread lies to protect their "investments". Other military mauser forum was great when John Wall was alive. Bagiman currently is full of knowledge about contract Mausers, but I can email him. Currently he is traveling South American for 2 months researching Contract Mausers. Other than that nothing at gunboards is worth reading for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started out over there, but have since learned better. The French firearms board on GB is still intresting from time to time, and occasionally some nice stuff comes up in the trader. But other than that there's very little that is worth visiting that site over. I come here to actually learn good information.

I started out over there, but have since learned better. The French firearms board on GB is still intresting from time to time, and occasionally some nice stuff comes up in the trader. But other than that there's very little that is worth visiting that site over. I come here to actually learn good information.
Kelt should be running that forum. He runs the other French forums out there like the one on Surplus Rifle Forum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So much derp there now. The Military Mauser, Italian Weapons and Mannlicher, et al. forum still attract talent, but the French one is about to slip into the abyss. Agree on kelt being the undercover voice of knowledge and authority there, in contrast to the 'official' figure. Overall, they don't seem willing to admit that German soldiers and sailors used an a$$-ton of captured French weapons, and try to avoid that subject like the plague. Too uncomfortable, I guess...:googlie

I almost forgot the Lee Enfield Forum. It seems like a good spot, with alot of very knowledgeable guys still on board.

You really have to pick and choose carefully on Gunboards now. I don't really mind that since I don't collect everything, but this is the place to be.

Pat

Pat, I think you summed it up as too much derp. Where did all the new derp come from though? It seems that it has gone from some derp pollution to what is now derp epidemic since clickbait co. took over. The derp is now increasing in quantity and severity.

Pat, I think you summed it up as too much derp. Where did all the new derp come from though? It seems that it has gone from some derp pollution to what is now derp epidemic since clickbait co. took over. The derp is now increasing in quantity and severity.
They are the "experts" on Facebook. As Facebook continues to shutdown the firearms and German Militaria groups there they show up elsewhere.

Oh yeah the French forum mod is very active on Facebook.

Gunboards actually tried to get facebook groups to come to the forum when facebook was banning all the groups. I guess you reap what you sow.

The facebook "experts" are good for plenty of laughs, but not much else. The appeal gets lost after the 100th person asks how much their grandfathers sporterized "mouser" is worth.

The facebook "experts" are good for plenty of laughs, but not much else. The appeal gets lost after the 100th person asks how much their grandfathers sporterized "mouser" is worth.
I most enjoyed that Patina was rust and removing it was preservation. A lot of pimp shined Gew98 out there.

Military Rifle Journal
Back