Third Party Press

98 bug strikes again.

2SO71

Hi;
I'm a high power competition shooter and collector from VA. Over the years, I've owned, and sold 3 K98s. Well I just got the bug to buy one again, so I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive. It has an utterly molested stock, so I'm happy to find this forum to help with a little restoration.

Always nice to see another 98k with an unmolested stock! Can't wait for pics.

Sorry. I was late and I wasn't being clear. The rifle is a 337 code, 1940. I don't have it in hand yet, but the metal looks to have been refinished at some point, but the major parts are numbers matching. The stock is toast! After get the rifle, I'll shoot it as it is for fun, but my search for an "appropriate" stock will begin. Looks like it will need the front band as well.
Thanks for welcome. I started my collection with milsurps from various countries, then eventually sold most (but not all) and focused on 1903s and Garands.

LOL, I misread that. Either way another 98k is a good thing, even if its a shooter.

Depending on the rifles needs I have a 337/1940 stock set with all metal including the matching bolt. Just needs a barreled receiver to complete. Matching right down to the lock screws.

Military Rifle Journal
Back