Third Party Press

Thread: Anyone collect inert German gernades?

Default Anyone collect inert German gernades?

I've been looking at picking up an original, albeit inert, model 24 and model 43 for a while now. Problem is that I don't even know where to begin to be able to tell what is and isn't worth buying. If anyone has any books or other information about the subject they would recommend I'd love to read it. Thanks!

Driving next to a Crown Vic with a paper tag

They come up for sale on militaria sites regularly, and you'll find lots of info from some of the members here. The price tags of originals have always prevented me from buying one. Ranging from $400-$800. These are as much a minefield as any other German militaria these days. Best of luck.
    Taschen Billiard

I've bought and sold nice original M.24s and and M.43 in the last year or so from $425 to $550. They are out there. Originals from repaints, and particularly fakes, are not too tough to distinguish.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar

I love M24 and M43 grenades and they are one of my main collecting interests. M43s are nearly impossible to find in collectible condition. M24s are also tough to find in reasonable condition but can be found. Most are ground dug garbage. Personally, I search for all matching examples that are in good condition. These typically cost me $400 to $800 depending on condition.

Here are is the only good website I know of for info.
    http://www.bergflak.com/m24index.html

Here are pictures of some my pieces.

1936 M24 2 (1).jpg1940 M24 3 (1).jpg1942 M24 (1).jpg1939 M24 6 (1).jpgWood Case 1 (1).jpgWood Case 1 (12).jpgMetal Case 7 (5).jpg

Default M43

Here’s the M43 I have. It came with the original Frag Sleeve on it and a case. Looks good in the display area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    Here are is the only good website I know of for info.
    http://www.bergflak.com/m24index.html
    Thanks for the link, I checked it out and its got plenty of good information. As others said it shouldn't be too particularly difficult to tell a good buy from a bad buy, so I guess I'll take the plunge when one comes up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Here’s the M43 I have. It came with the original Frag Sleeve on it and a case. Looks good in the display area.
    Beautiful example! I can only hope to find one as nice as that!

I have to ask......how do they demil these things? Does someone just go in and scrape the compound out? What about the blasting caps?

M24.jpg

Got an M-24.