Third Party Press

Price Setting is tricky....

Time will tell. One thing that I have noticed is all the forums are as slow as I have ever seen them. For instance there are 32 members online right now. Other forums even less. It seems the interest bump from video games like Battlefield 1 has quickly waned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok Doomer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been collecting a long time, since 1969 to be exact, and it is my hope that a market down turn will result in increasing numbers of younger collectors.

It is a fascinating hobby, and there are a million ways to waste you money on the newest passing fads, that do not , and can not, give you the enormous innate pleasure holding a nice firearm does.

We do need new blood, and ever higher prices are just not conducive to this goal.

I for one hope the hobby stays alive because I am one of the younger guys but I've been interested in the k98k since I was in Middle School though. But I want collectors to know I attend one of the best gun collector shows of the year and that's the ogca shows. And I can tell you first-hand I'm probably the youngest guy in there walking around buying expensive military rifles. As much as I love some of these rifles or other military rifles in there a lot of the stuff is just sitting on tables and not moving. I have seen the same guns on the same tables for the last 6 shows. I still remember about 8 years ago a nice pre-World War 1 03 Springfield in extremely nice condition was selling for $4000 to $5,000 now I keep seeing the tags being marked down. The last really nice one I saw was priced at $1950. We'll just have to see what the later years bring.

I have been collecting a long time, since 1969 to be exact, and it is my hope that a market down turn will result in increasing numbers of younger collectors.

It is a fascinating hobby, and there are a million ways to waste you money on the newest passing fads, that do not , and can not, give you the enormous innate pleasure holding a nice firearm does.

We do need new blood, and ever higher prices are just not conducive to this goal.

I think there’s a lot of younger collectors starting out for sure. I’m 37 myself, not that young I guess haha, but I only started collecting just over 2 years ago. And I absolutely love it. I see guys in their 20s coming aboard too. Hopefully they can indeed keep up with the prices...

Ok Boomer

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure this joke is only funny when the individual is an actual Baby Boomer, which MrFarb is not. And no he is not a member of the Millennial group you love to trash so much either.

I for one hope the hobby stays alive because I am one of the younger guys but I've been interested in the k98k since I was in Middle School though. But I want collectors to know I attend one of the best gun collector shows of the year and that's the ogca shows. And I can tell you first-hand I'm probably the youngest guy in there walking around buying expensive military rifles. As much as I love some of these rifles or other military rifles in there a lot of the stuff is just sitting on tables and not moving. I have seen the same guns on the same tables for the last 6 shows. I still remember about 8 years ago a nice pre-World War 1 03 Springfield in extremely nice condition was selling for $4000 to $5,000 now I keep seeing the tags being marked down. The last really nice one I saw was priced at $1950. We'll just have to see what the later years bring.

This. The problem the hobby could face is “more money than sensers” running up prices to ridiculous levels. However, that is just manipulation and false perception, not reality.

Ok Doomer.

This site will be taken over by Michael Bloomberg and K98ks will become as desirable as dead rats. Then all of us are going to die slow early deaths and our collections will be melted down to make statues of Adam Schiff, Alexa Occasional Cortex, and Nancy Pelosi holding hands with Greta Thunberg. You will be reclassified as a Millennial.

This site will be taken over by Michael Bloomberg and K98ks will become as desirable as dead rats. Then all of us are going to die slow early deaths and our collections will be melted down to make statues of Adam Schiff, Alexa Occasional Cortex, and Nancy Pelosi holding hands with Greta Thunberg. You will be reclassified as a Millennial.

You just brought doomer to a new level!!!!

I am pretty sure this joke is only funny when the individual is an actual Baby Boomer, which MrFarb is not. And no he is not a member of the Millennial group you love to trash so much either.

Yeah but what can you expect from a Doomer. All emotion.

You would be wrong.

Yeah but what can you expect from a Doomer. All emotion.

All emotion now that is funny. Let’s face the truth of the matter it bothers you because you would rather protect your investment by telling a guy good buy on an overpriced byf44 then being honest about it.

All emotion now that is funny. Let’s face the truth of the matter it bothers you because you would rather protect your investment by telling a guy good buy on an overpriced byf44 then being honest about it.

You spend all day here dooming and glooming 98k’s. You’ve been doing it for years. I’m going to keep calling you on it to prove it. I for one hope the market crashes to lower prices, I’m not done buying. Go find a Finn board to doom and gloom.

You spend all day here dooming and glooming 98k’s. You’ve been doing it for years. I’m going to keep calling you on it to prove it. I for one hope the market crashes to lower prices, I’m not done buying. Go find a Finn board to doom and gloom.

Yes when I saw a bubble forming a couple years ago, especially with Finns I did start predicting it, and now Mosins are way down. I was early but it also made me cautious and gave me a reason to sell them. I am happy about prices pulling back, it is healthy for the future, it has also allowed me to pick up multiple matching contract Mausers for under $500 and K98k for under $1,000. There will be more opportunity in the future, which I referred to in the past and will now as the Silver Age of Milsurps. I don’t buy the negativity that most collections are filled with messed with garbage. I am optimistic that there are plenty of treasures gathering dust that will be on the market sooner than later.

Guys, we have a regular Warren Buffet on our hands. Hell, even WB missed the housing crash, he’s one up on the Buffet!

You know what, who really cares? It’s Christmas, prices are down. Next summer they go up. Then winter comes and prices slump. Up down, up down. Just buy what you like and can afford, don’t worry about the future. We’re not investing in 98k’s for gods sake, we’re collecting and enjoying them. Who gives a rats a$$ if your hobby prices don’t hold up. It will though if you don’t fall for the profiteers and carnival barkers. Don’t let Mr. doom and gloom influence you, he’s bitter about the 2006 housing market crash or something.

Seems to be a lot of no bids.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/846225163

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/841201792

ee4d8a4c4765354964f1ce197af78885.plist
1447b01bdf072670fa6c582b0ad70bab.plist
9e4698ddec5540ea8e2ba7f8a36f22c1.plist

Guys, we have a regular Warren Buffet on our hands. Hell, even WB missed the housing crash, he’s one up on the Buffet!

You know what, who really cares? It’s Christmas, prices are down. Next summer they go up. Then winter comes and prices slump. Up down, up down. Just buy what you like and can afford, don’t worry about the future. We’re not investing in 98k’s for gods sake, we’re collecting and enjoying them. Who gives a rats a$$ if your hobby prices don’t hold up. It will though if you don’t fall for the profiteers and carnival barkers. Don’t let Mr. doom and gloom influence you, he’s bitter about the 2006 housing market crash or something.

What you mistake for doom and gloom is a warning to counter the BS that the market is so strong, and the overpay now because it will only go up attitude. Housing market crash I avoided, not bitter at all about that, collectibles not so lucky in the past. Thankfully I never collected Civil War. You seem to be rather upset about this, I was dropping it yesterday.

Military Rifle Journal
Back