Third Party Press

Price Setting is tricky....

I wonder if it’s because the typical buyers are Christmas shopping instead? #doomandgloom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let's agree to disagree and look again in the Spring and again in the Fall, and a couple years from now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let's agree to disagree and look again in the Spring and again in the Fall, and a couple years from now.

LOL, you keep making my point. I'm sure you will be here spring, fall, next year, next 10 years. Every day for years on end doing the same thing. You have your own hashtag now #doomandgloom

Just clarify this Ok Doomer is stolen from Ok Boomer and has nothing to do whether one is actually of Boomer age, that is the joke part.

LOL, you keep making my point. I'm sure you will be here spring, fall, next year, next 10 years. Every day for years on end doing the same thing. You have your own hashtag now #doomandgloom

I like #SilverAge more.

Time will tell. One thing that I have noticed is all the forums are as slow as I have ever seen them. For instance there are 32 members online right now. Other forums even less. It seems the interest bump from video games like Battlefield 1 has quickly waned.

My family custom for the children at Christmas is the Wisdom Gift. Such a thing never wears out or breaks or gets old like toys and candy and games. A Wisdom Gift I remember which is good here is a simple one (and hopefully makes sense in English) is this- "The future will stink if it is spyed through the one red eye that blinks!"

sigscope (5).jpg

You would be wrong.

Typical response from you. The truth is you are a cancer on every forum you participate in. I watched you for years on Gunboards with your same negative, know it all attitude. You complained about the forum all the while contributing to its decline. Please, take your garbage some where else so we don’t have to read it here. Ok Doomer.

And btw, we understand the joke Doomer.

I have often wondered if the Captain had a sniper rifle so rare it might spark controversy...

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion.

I hope there is a market adjustment, even though it will hurt when I sell off my collection.

I'm 72 now, and selling is in the planning stages for that magic year 75, although I dread that day coming.

Seriously, you can stay too long in the game and it often hurts financially those you leave behind, who have little knowledge and few options for a fair disposal.

We really should try to respect all views on this matter, because NO ONE has a crystal ball to see what the future holds.

Typical response from you. The truth is you are a cancer on every forum you participate in. I watched you for years on Gunboards with your same negative, know it all attitude. You complained about the forum all the while contributing to its decline. Please, take your garbage some where else so we don’t have to read it here. Ok Doomer.

And btw, we understand the joke Doomer.
I'm glad to hear you are such a fan. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hope there is a market adjustment, even though it will hurt when I sell off my collection.

I'm 72 now, and selling is in the planning stages for that magic year 75, although I dread that day coming.

Seriously, you can stay too long in the game and it often hurts financially those you leave behind, who have little knowledge and few options for a fair disposal.

We really should try to respect all views on this matter, because NO ONE has a crystal ball to see what the future holds.
I am in agreement. If anyone had a crystal ball they would be rich. Not sure why some people get so upset on the opposing opinion, yet it's ok for some to tell younger collectors buy high it's only going up.

Last edited:
I have often wondered if the Captain had a sniper rifle so rare it might spark controversy...
You mean me? If so why would I have a controversial sniper rifle? For the record I don't have any complete sniper Rifles. Scopes without rifle and rifle without correct scope, but none together, and none are German.

All of this. That sale will be great for the young guys. At some point I'm going to start doing that a bit, paring down to just my favorites. :thumbsup:

My family custom for the children at Christmas is the Wisdom Gift. Such a thing never wears out or breaks or gets old like toys and candy and games. A Wisdom Gift I remember which is good here is a simple one (and hopefully makes sense in English) is this- "The future will stink if it is spyed through the one red eye that blinks!"

So the kids in your family get gathered around the tree to listen to bullshite instead of getting toys? Sounds great. What does Santa Clause bring them, better bullshite? :googlie

For every common but overpriced k98 that doesn’t sell there have been nice uncommon ones that seem to be bringing huge prices like that $10k k98 on proxibid and that $30k sniper at Rock island. I hope the price of more common ones do come down. If anyone wants to sell me a nice svw45 or dou45 for $1200 let me know!

For every common but overpriced k98 that doesn’t sell there have been nice uncommon ones that seem to be bringing huge prices like that $10k k98 on proxibid and that $30k sniper at Rock island. I hope the price of more common ones do come down. If anyone wants to sell me a nice svw45 or dou45 for $1200 let me know!

With respect to auctions: much of the time there is shilling and other chicanery involved. I was recently bidding on a 33/40 with a reasonable reserve and I am quite sure that the seller had a shill bidding against me so that the price would not be the reasonable reserve. The shill "won" because I knew he was a shill and had an idea where he would stop. Never any feedback and I know who the shill was. This was not a legitimate sale, thus the price (which now shows as a completed auction price) is not legitimate. Further, that "$30k sniper" as a "realized price" wasn't. Read the fine print. Auction "realized prices" include their commission on top, which is 25% to 33 1/3%, along with costs and such. So, that $30k sniper was really around a $23k sniper. However, That Guy googling to sell pawpaw's sniper is going to see that and herp the derp and ask $30k too because That Guy thinks he's an auction haus / and dealer too. When someone tells That Guy the truth at the funshow or online, That Guy will get all irritated (he's already spent the $30k in his mind on a new Toyota Tacoma) when told the truth because you're "trying to rip me off."

Another thing I know for a fact certain dealers do is list things at high prices as "sold" when they aren't. Then they re-offer the same thing months later and claim, "look, this is what they sell for, I sold one just like this months ago....." So, between such manipulation, bullshite, auction shilling, and "realized price" artificial price inflation we get a horseshit pricing trend. When people start panicking and believing this cumulated bullshite we get some of the antics we see now. It also causes the frustration and butthurt in people listing for outrageous prices thinking they should get such prices, and don't, when they are basing their prices on fantasies and manipulation.

With respect to auctions: much of the time there is shilling and other chicanery involved. I was recently bidding on a 33/40 with a reasonable reserve and I am quite sure that the seller had a shill bidding against me so that the price would not be the reasonable reserve. The shill "won" because I knew he was a shill and had an idea where he would stop. Never any feedback and I know who the shill was. This was not a legitimate sale, thus the price (which now shows as a completed auction price) is not legitimate. Further, that "$30k sniper" as a "realized price" wasn't. Read the fine print. Auction "realized prices" include their commission on top, which is 25% to 33 1/3%, along with costs and such. So, that $30k sniper was really around a $23k sniper. However, That Guy googling to sell pawpaw's sniper is going to see that and herp the derp and ask $30k too because That Guy thinks he's an auction haus / and dealer too. When someone tells That Guy the truth at the funshow or online, That Guy will get all irritated (he's already spent the $30k in his mind on a new Toyota Tacoma) when told the truth because you're "trying to rip me off."

Another thing I know for a fact certain dealers do is list things at high prices as "sold" when they aren't. Then they re-offer the same thing months later and claim, "look, this is what they sell for, I sold one just like this months ago....." So, between such manipulation, bullshite, auction shilling, and "realized price" artificial price inflation we get a horseshit pricing trend. When people start panicking and believing this cumulated bullshite we get some of the antics we see now. It also causes the frustration and butthurt in people listing for outrageous prices thinking they should get such prices, and don't, when they are basing their prices on fantasies and manipulation.

I’ve probably sold a few dozen rifles and pistols on this forum over the last 4 years. Many many times, the buyer and I negotiated a lower price than my listed and I simply marked the listing “sold”, never changing the price to actual realized. Just another example of how things can be skewed.

I'm not young, but not to old, 46:googlie. I've got a PS4 and play the WW2 video game many times. I just hope the younger crowd that want to buy milsurp guns from that period of time, don't do what you can do in that game. In that game you can pimp up your weapons, paint them add all sort of scopes, etc. So hopefully they will not want to do that.

Military Rifle Journal
Back