Third Party Press

Which country has the best supply of K98s?

Keks

Out of curiosity, where are they most plentiful and the best market for used ones?

I would think probably not Germany because most were probably taken or destroyed.... Is it Russia? But there probably not on the free market and only exported back as RCs ...

So is it the US where many where taken back by former Soldiers?

Other countries maybe?

The United States I would say. There are plenty on the market in Germany too. Finland is one of the best markets for K98k and other German firearms. Especially machine guns. Their prices aren't ridiculous like here. Especially for MGs. Mostly matching fully functioning MG34 $2,500. All matching K98k common code $1,000.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh, well then I would like a fully functional MG-34 please for $2,500. What the Hell, make it two.

KJ

Are you in Finland? My buddy sold one in the national auction last year and was happy to get 2,200€ mostly matching MG-34. He thought he would only get 1,500€

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a sweet collection. I pretty much love any firearm the Finns make or modify.

KJ

This is one of my favorites.

1210c78e47d817818a958f3fff68b2fe.jpeg
d5123c4a4fa63d5945da37be19b14e4f.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In all countries where you don't have an "import ban" on fully automatic guns the prices stay lower than in the US. FG42 bring triple the price in the US they would bring in Europe since they are pre 86 registered. In many European countries you can still import them if you have the permit to own one. Remember that the European Union is only a Union and each country has its own laws.

Best supply is a bit misleading - or at least not precise. Do you mean the largest number total of K98k rifles? Or the largest number total of all matching K98k rifles in mint condition? Or in any percentage - or the percentage compared to what else? You could put the K98k rifle in general in comparison numbers to all firearms in the particular country. Yet there is no all correct answer to this question. Generally spoken, the countries which also participated in the war (and are no former UDSSR countries, since they were highly regulated with firearms post WWII) have the largest chances of finding "collectible" K98k rifles. Some more, some less.

I would tend to agree that those countries that fought in the war would have the highest percentage of collectible K98k rifles. That is, matching, and for the most part Bubba never got hold of the to “modify/customize” or otherwise destroying original configuration. One would think tens of thousands, perhaps many, many more were stashed and hidden away during and post war.

KJ

Best supply is a bit misleading - or at least not precise. Do you mean the largest number total of K98k rifles? Or the largest number total of all matching K98k rifles in mint condition? Or in any percentage - or the percentage compared to what else? You could put the K98k rifle in general in comparison numbers to all firearms in the particular country. Yet there is no all correct answer to this question. Generally spoken, the countries which also participated in the war (and are no former UDSSR countries, since they were highly regulated with firearms post WWII) have the largest chances of finding "collectible" K98k rifles. Some more, some less.

Mostly interesting would be:

- country with the highest absolute number of K98 in civilian hands

- country with generally the "best" rifles. Those are the minty and matchy ones

I think asking about a whole country's numbers is challenging. We probably couldn't even agree on an estimate from one US state....

Let's start with a simpler question. We know there are some serious collections in TX.... those guys visit here... So, how many matched examples reside in TX? .... 2000?

Mostly interesting would be:

- country with the highest absolute number of K98 in civilian hands

- country with generally the "best" rifles. Those are the minty and matchy ones

Ask your government to introduce a gun registry and then you'll be able to compare these numbers with other countries :googlie

Hi,
Not that readily available in the uk ,most have been deactivated to increase the profit margin.
Mark

Military Rifle Journal
Back