1917 Erfurt military rig i picked up yesterday

SamDunford

4efcb292f03cad78b7b7df6802deb536.jpg
f0907a766cfa6ce92c3efdcbc1ad9f1d.jpg
c12e064c8a37d96a409b25da907a39a9.jpg
c3a1c11396029994e7c6c5f6d9b799ee.jpg
3163bec4e8f362f03a3c5616c0806df7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, nice looking rig, is it an early letter block 1917? I think later in the year the die used for the crown at Erfurt on the toggle started showing up with a missing section (called the broken die block I think). The holster is probably L. Ritgen above the Karrlsruhe, that was the typical Imperial marking for this maker. Always nice to score a high condition imperial rig, if they are easy to remove check is the grips to see if they are numbered and proofed, Erfurt was getting pretty hit or miss by 1917 with marking the grips.

Thanks,
Nick

Was that the GB one? Nice catch!! Chris...

Hey Chris actually i grabbed it at a local gun show here in mass saturday morning. I had crazy luck at that show. rivet grip k98 bayonet, this luger, original ZF4... list goes on

1917 Erfurt

Hey Chris actually i grabbed it at a local gun show here in mass saturday morning. I had crazy luck at that show. rivet grip k98 bayonet, this luger, original ZF4... list goes on

It's funny how shows go...sometimes I'll go on a huge run of nothing, then 1 show makes up for all of it.... I imagine you guys have a lot more stuff back there on the east coast though.... Nice pistol!

Hey Tom,
that was the big E in springfield, i always like that show. Just picked up another luger 2 weeks ago also locally. been a good month collecting !

I’ve always loved the Erfurt Lugers. In an ironic, and kind of weird way, their production during WWI sort of mirrored K98k production during WWII. What I mean by that is this, I’ve always understood that Erfurt began to take cosmetic, perhaps other, shortcuts during WWI production, analogous to a degree with our own resultant Kriegsmodell production.

KJ

I’ve always loved the Erfurt Lugers. In an ironic, and kind of weird way, their production during WWI sort of mirrored K98k production during WWII. What I mean by that is this, I’ve always understood that Erfurt began to take cosmetic, perhaps other, shortcuts during WWI production, analogous to a degree with our own resultant Kriegsmodell production.

KJ

Erfurt is probably my favorite Imperial era manufacturer it's one of the things I primarily collect. Maybe it's because they just feel so Prussian I don't know. Partly why I like that Arsenal so much is mainly because of how much stuff they produced it really is incredible. But if you want to Compare Quality to this Arsenal compared to dwm that's like comparing a Mercedes to a Volkswagen!

I really like the Imperials, but the Erfurts are my favorites.
Most Erfurts I've seen have the received "notch". Interesting to note your Erfurt doesn't have the receiver "notch". My 1917 Erfurt doesn't either.

Military Rifle Journal
Back