Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gustloff KKW ZF41 Sniper

Brian, Is your rear band the same,i.e. smooth? Could you post a picture of the same side as mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauserken View Post
    Brian, Is your rear band the same,i.e. smooth? Could you post a picture of the same side as mine?
    Ken, it is smooth like yours. See picture below. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All of the original ones known have a serial in this range, I think it starts at 269.xxx and lasts to 272.xxx somewhere (please do let me know if you have or know a Gustloff rifle with ZF41 rail that is a bit higher or lower of this range). A friend of mine got an original ZF41 mount serialized to one of these rifles in the 270.xxx serial range which I'm since then trying to buy from him, but since he only wants to trade and we couldn't find anything to trade with him it still is with him.

To my knowledge all of the .22 ZF41 mounts had the same scope manufacturer on all of them, but would need to look up which one it was.

Super sweet KKW ZF41. Where do you all find these things?

Virginia is the black abyss of anything good. There is never anything decent locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Ken, it is smooth like yours. See picture below. Thanks.

Could you post a picture of the left side of the rear band? Want to see how the stamped the part the sling goes through. A few months ago I saw a BSW KKW at an auction and it had a similar smooth rear band. I though it was from something else because it was basically sheet metal. How thick is the metal on yours?

BTW that BSW Went for ~3k and it was nothing

Virginia is the black abyss of anything good. There is never anything decent locally. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post

Could you post a picture of the left side of the rear band? Want to see how the stamped the part the sling goes through. A few months ago I saw a BSW KKW at an auction and it had a similar smooth rear band. I though it was from something else because it was basically sheet metal. How thick is the metal on yours?

Virginia is the black abyss of anything good. There is never anything decent locally. Sad
    IMO, I suspect the smooth bSw band was not orig to the rifle... those only show on the late Gustloffs, and are Buchenwald related. I believe the OP's rifle came from a well-known dealer...

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Quote Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post

Thanks for the reply. I think the band is the standard thickness. Looks same as earlier Gustloff KKW bands. Always searching for sniper stuff in various different sources.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default KKW ZF41 Gustloff 270491 / DSM34 ZF41 Simson 127184

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think the band is the standard thickness. Looks same as earlier Gustloff KKW bands. Always searching for sniper stuff in various different sources.
    Hi, have a look on this pages

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.