Third Party Press

Sauer Rifle Ajack 911X

Hercules

Here is a nice Sauer Rifle Phosphate Ajack Scope in correct serial range. Has a the rubber eye cup without the lip on it.

Nice looking set Brian. The scope seems very late for Sauer, have you seen other phosphate Ajack scopes on Sauer rifles?

Please post more pictures of the rifle. Would love to see it also. Thanks for sharing.

I’m skeptical about a phosphate scope in an x block Sauer as well, any Sauer LSR for that matter. Should date from about November 1944.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys. The scope and mount were together in a auction. May or may not be a couple. Looked like they were in someone’s drawer for a long time. These mounts come apart so I can’t say your wrong or right. I’d speculate it’s possible they were originally together.

A distinguishable combat photo of a phosphate Ajack would be a tall order. As it would have to have Sauer Short Safety. Not to mention you would have to say it was phosphate as opposed to blued on a black and white photo. Ha Ha.

I have a blued Ajack in a W Block. My guess is there will never be concrete evidence. Looks cool on mount though.

Last edited:
Also rifle is already posted here a while back. Sadly all matched to include metal and hand guard. Not stock. Thanks for your input And opinions of scope.

I would argue a legit bcd mount with a phosphate ajack in this serial range would answer the question.

I would argue a legit bcd mount with a phosphate ajack in this serial range would answer the question.

OK. I don’t know what else to say. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea, when do the first phosphate Ajack scopes start to appear on LSR mounts, both Gustloff or Sauer made? Very nice rig, impossible to upgrade.

Yes Georg, if the first phosphate Ajack is in, say 90000 range, that is about March 1945, way late for it to show up in November at Sauer. I was under the impression phosphate Ajack were extremely late. I’ve seen many just loose like they were never mounted. Dave bought one from an estate like that.

Scope Serial and Mount

On my serial number list I have Blued Ajack Scope 51463 in Sauer Mount 5639W. Also phosphate Ajack 52183 in Gustloff rifle 99318. I have several listed in unnumbered mounts and also several listed as scopes with no mounts. As I previously stated these things come apart so who’s to say when said scope got mounted in a specific mount. Sauer used a wide variety of scopes and mounts. Sauer used Ajack Scopes for sure. Many examples. Mostly blued Ajacks in various mounts. I am not saying any ones opinion is wrong either. Thanks for your opinion and added info. if any.

Last edited:
I looked at my LSR list and do not have any Sauer LSR`s with Phosphate Ajack Scope . I do show Sauer LSR`s with Blued Ajack Scopes and also Gustloff with both Blued & Phosphate Ajack Scopes . IMO it is not an impossibility that Sauer may have used/received some Phosphate Ajack Scopes but I have not recorded one Yet . Never say Never .

Lets remember the SSR Sauer discussion about what scope types were supposedly only used and period photos proved other wise .

I looked at my LSR list and do not have any Sauer LSR`s with Phosphate Ajack Scope . I do show Sauer LSR`s with Blued Ajack Scopes and also Gustloff with both Blued & Phosphate Ajack Scopes . IMO it is not an impossibility that Sauer may have used/received some Phosphate Ajack Scopes but I have not recorded one Yet . Never say Never .

Lets remember the SSR Sauer discussion about what scope types were supposedly only used and period photos proved other wise .

Yes thanks Dave.

Very interesting rifle. I have 905X, IIRC. My mount, which I bought later, is JPS and about 15 numbers earlier. It came with a bmj in phosphate but a late BCD mount, like 93000. Dave says I need a 6X Zeiss, most likely.. I sure like the Ajacks scope and appears like a LSR scope. Regardless, any JPS sniper is a treasure IMO. Thanks for posting and we'll learn a bit more.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back