Third Party Press

Rg34 with late style oiler

jack944

Rg34 with welded sheet metal style oiler

I think I have been looking for this late style oiler for decades... I have opened many a can looking for a surprise, and to be disappointed. Surfing on Epay for something else and thought I would search the kits posted. Bingo..

This guy is probably trying to figure out why someone would pay $150 for a beat up cleaning kit....:laugh:

Attachments

• rgkit.jpg
    rgkit.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 86
  • rgkit2.jpg
    rgkit2.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 50
  • rgkit3.jpg
    rgkit3.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 43
  • rgkit4.jpg
    rgkit4.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Nice grab. The late war sheet metal oilers are very desirable. And another example of the center welded variant found in an early arr4 can ....

Thanks

Nice grab. The late war sheet metal oilers are very desirable. And another example of the center welded variant found in an early arr4 can ....

This one has an Arr 43 tin. I guess we will never know when these things first appeared as most kits have mixed parts...

Saw this kit and the bids had been creeping upwards all week. I have a suspicion another kit which has a SM oiler (and been listed at $349.00 or make offer for the last 6-8 months), was going to be a influence on what this one went for. Have seen just the oiler bring around $200.00 in the past, so don't think the final price was unreasonable.

Hoping

Saw this kit and the bids had been creeping upwards all week. I have a suspicion another kit which has a SM oiler (and been listed at $349.00 or make offer for the last 6-8 months), was going to be a influence on what this one went for. Have seen just the oiler bring around $200.00 in the past, so don't think the final price was unreasonable.

I was hoping no one else noticed as he did not mention welded oiler......:biggrin1:

This one has an Arr 43 tin. I guess we will never know when these things first appeared as most kits have mixed parts...

ah ..... I see that now. Thanks for the clarification Jack. Not unheard of to find these oilers in arr43 cans.

Another..

For a long time could not find one...just found another twin...came in arr43 marked tin also.

Attachments

• 20200213_130538.jpg
    20200213_130538.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 31

Military Rifle Journal
Back