Third Party Press

JP Sauer High Turret

It was a compromise we had to make to get the assembly together.. Like a surgery life and death decisions had to be made.. I think we all came to correct conclusion..

I was glad to help as I always am and now one more rare JPS sniper has been completed. This was the only way of getting it done. Like it or not we made the choices we had to make.

The new owner is happy with the result and his emotion is the only one we cared about.

Not all uppers will interchange with lowers and I think the lack of JPS uppers makes it ever harder to find one that would have fit.

Glad to see it posted and shared . I tried to take the best up close detailed photos I could focusing on the finer details or the rifle. :thumbsup:

If the middle part of rear section was swapped it makes sense that it had to be made fitting to the rifle. It would however had been a surprise if an all original Sauer scope & rings rig would not had been fitting to the bases of the rifle, so I'm a bit with Amberg.

You have a very rare Lovec scope on your rifle, so be proud of this one as well! In my opinion these are the rarest Sauer mounted scopes you can find.

Did anyone ever note the scope serial that was re-applied to the scope tube since the rear scope ring covers the original serial was stamped at Sauer? The font is exactly the same as on Sauer K98k rifles.

Thanks! I was afraid you ruined the original part. :googlie

I thought You knew me better , NEVER would do such a thing . :faint:

I should also make mention that this Same Lovec HT was put on My Matching Sauer HT before modification and it Locked right up .
That tells me that the fitting was not always perfect and tolerances can vary .

Last edited:
You are right. I should have known better.
I'm sorry I suspected you of such a crime.:facepalm:

I may have inadvertently committed a crime against something WW1 but never never against something WW2 Sniper related . :facepalm:
Now I am really in deep dodo !!!!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back