Third Party Press

Warning: byf44 with bad bolt

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Guys if any of you have a hold on a walnut stocked byf44 on a major on-line sellers site I urge caution.
The bolt is bad. Checking with my legal department about borrowing the image.

Please no editorials as well...you have been warned.
No references to said web sight, just a heads up.

I will not be posting any images or links nor should any of our members.
You guys are smart enough to figure it out. Again, no editorials - period.

Last edited:
Should fall under fair use, the exception(s) being review, commentary, scholarship, research, etc. If they file suit in Kentucky I’ll defend it for costs.

Should fall under fair use, the exception(s) being review, commentary, scholarship, research, etc. If they file suit in Kentucky I’ll defend it for costs.

I agree, I would think it would fall under fair use. Dont want to be scrutinized? Dont sell online. Ofcourse this is just my $0.02 cents. Walnut stocked byf44 rifles arent super common. So should be a easy one to spot.

John.

I saw it that bolt is bad fairly easy to spot too if someone here has purchase that rifle I highly advise getting your money back.

Current thread

Guys thanks for staying on point! With the last go around with the site owner, just playing it safe.
There is no limitation though to calling out bad rifles.

Thanks,
B.

I’m assuming this is a rifle at pre98.com? I don’t shop there as I’m just a gun show loser and not top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safety

Always a dead giveaway when the channel is machined down to where the edge of the channel is next to the half moon hole...

The point is marketing damaged / altered goods is poor business practice, no matter who does it. Ignorance is no excuse......

Bands too, whomp whomp

Good catch. I would recommend that new guys who want to learn, who would not have caught this, go and review vetted originals in our pic sticky library. Much time has been devoted to compiling it as a reference for you, for this purpose.
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

BB8F1C9E-1994-4872-86E5-601D4FF86DA6.jpegD2EA3BF3-4E64-43FB-A643-78AF48D68825.jpeg13302C39-C87E-4DD5-91E7-2A24230665DC.jpeg

The hobby needs fishermen, not beggars for free fish. Also, to be sure, there are no large dealers with fake free inventories. The best you can hope for is a PITA free return/refund policy and the dealer of this does that. The funny thing is that the photo negative is also occasionally true. There are dealers notorious for mongering mostly humpjobs who will actually run across and sell nice original pieces, which can invariably be snuck up on at bargain prices. One must possess the knowledge and skill to sort that out. That is what this site is for. As it is written, “the early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.”

Edit: here’s a real byf 44 front band:
F7C3DC46-5828-47DC-B72D-B3C0F0792437.jpeg

Last edited:
Good work all. I like seeing things like this, especially when it stays fact based and on point. I'll add this bit. A first glance on this piece two things jumped out at me even without zooming. The odd discoloration ONLY under the digits. 2nd thing is look at the 2nd digit in the string. What is that? A lower case l? Why is it 1/4 larger (longer) than the other digits around it? By '44 you really start to see serials becoming more haphazard, but mostly in the horizontal alignment. Again only my $.02 and 'for educational purposes only' but I invite you to draw your own conclusions.

educatonal purposes only.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back