Third Party Press

Yard Sale LSR Update

the link is live... I kinda remember this one.. you bought at a yard sale ? bump the thread also so we can put two and two together..

:thumbsup:

It looks like som research and some collective bargaining

:hail::hail:

Fantastic rifle

the day or something like that happens to me, I invite Xavier (Sauer) home to try it out and we drink a bottle of whiskey

In May 2018 Gene bought an original LSR sniper rifle at a yard sale. He posted pics of his rifle here: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?31803-scopeless-LSR-yard-sale-find . For this rifle he later purchased an original mount and an original scope, which of course are mismatching.

A bit more than a week ago an online auction appeared offering the scope mount matching to his rifle. Gene was made aware of it, needless to say he purchased it. As a result to this he is now the owner of an original all matching LSR sniper rifle made by Sauer. It was re-mated with its original mount, probably decades after it was split from it.

A great looking rifle, I hope you will post some more pictures of it when you finished doing the plumber :googlie

IMHO this is what is suppose to transpire when someone finds a Matching Mount to a known Rifle or Vise Versa . You do what needs to be done so the 2 are ReUnited . Looks Great Gene , Congratulations on Your ReUnification !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking rifle Gene. Glad you got the scope. Please post detailed pictures so we can pic sticky it for future reference.

IMHO this is what is suppose to transpire when someone finds a Matching Mount to a known Rifle or Vise Versa . You do what needs to be done so the 2 are ReUnited . Looks Great Gene , Congratulations on Your ReUnification !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a kick a$$ cool story. Love it.
Congrats !
I agree 100% with my friend Dave. It’s the way it should be for history.
I have been lucky enough to have a couple items go through my hands
That were reunited, as much as I hoped that they would be reunited in my collection, in the end it really didn’t matter. I wouldn’t change a thing. great feeling.

Back in the day before the internet and the old KCN i remember it happened a couple times.
.... on a non German note, after 26 years of lookin, and livin in Az. Just about 2 years ago
I was able to locate the matched mount for my No4 mkI-T in eastern Canada. Got it here and it looks great.
The internet has really allowed this to happen much more frequently.

That is just amazing! Congrats! I keep hoping one day my matching mount will find its way back to my rifle! Stories like this give me hope!

thx everyone yet again! im headed out if the country for a couple days, ill try to improve my photography skills and post a bunch of pix next week.

I was able to speak with the PO and got some interesting information on collecting in the early 60s ill pass on as well.

Fwiw i have LSR mount 1161x i will happily part with IF someone has the rifle. Id buy the rifle as well

Gene

Military Rifle Journal
Back