186.4 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG7370.jpg
    CIMG7370.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 146
  • CIMG7381.jpg
    CIMG7381.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
That's a superb example Dave, coolest I've seen with the acid etched serials. Pic stickied for ref.

Thanks, the blued bolt caught my eye first, I saw the depot stamp, and was hooked, then I said damn, I don't have one of these.

Mr./SGT. Davis,
Outstanding! The Beta serial number block indicates this was an actual capture. You probably already know, but this bears the classic hallmarks of a Mainz depot rework/foreign processed rifle. They are known for a mix of stamped and acid etched/e-penned numbers, especially on smaller components. The circled H2 is associated with them, as is the circled H1. That's a great example, congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Pat

Thanks, Pat

The simple title of Dave fits real well. I retired as a Command Sergeant Major over 28 years ago, after 24 years service and 2 wars. Civilian life is much easier on the old man I've Become.

The rifle is nice and I could see it was a legitimate period overhaul. Sometimes things just work out right, and I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. I must say another person looked at it first, but put it down, and walked away, because it wasn't "GERMAN".

After I bought it I explained to him why it really was "GERMAN''.

lesson learned

Now that is an interesting rifle.
I guess I need to start looking closer when I see a Greek mauser. These have to be a 10 on rarity scale...:hail:

Love it, one rifle I'm missing from my Beutewaffen collection. Although, you are close enough when the time comes to take pics for any potential book at least I know where it is, then I can buy it from you cheap and take it home. :moon:

Love it, one rifle I'm missing from my Beutewaffen collection. Although, you are close enough when the time comes to take pics for any potential book at least I know where it is, then I can buy it from you cheap and take it home. :moon:

I'll leave it to you in my will !!!!!

Neat rifle! Is the stock original Greek with the corresponding Hellenic markings or is it a German stock? I’d also be interested to know if the Germans added a takedown disc?

Military Rifle Journal
Back