Third Party Press

S/147 1936, No "Mod. 98" Matching

I can't log in on this computer, but the thread is long and there was some commentary from Frank, luckily he was caught on a couple of rifles for other issues. I will check it tomorrow and try and find it if this isn't the one.

If I recall, that bsw humpjob he got caught on was quite involved, as in he humped that thing big time and carnival barked it. One of the top humper busts we’ve had. Loewe, if you can access that thread and post it up that would be prime sticky material.

Of course! Doesn't that seem totally reasonable? :behindsofa: I guess they don't want anyone messing with the profit machine?

Of course not. Neither does Epay which frustrated the ability to even track shills. Shill bidding and selling anything is good for the awkshun haus.

Craig, I will try and copy the thread here, though I have to do it on my main pc, give me a few hours. As I recall it was very involved and took some time too figure out. people like this are the most dangerous to the hobby, skilled with some knowledge or ability to replicate original markings.

If I recall, that bsw humpjob he got caught on was quite involved, as in he humped that thing big time and carnival barked it. One of the top humper busts we’ve had. Loewe, if you can access that thread and post it up that would be prime sticky material.

Craig, I will try and copy the thread here, though I have to do it on my main pc, give me a few hours. As I recall it was very involved and took some time too figure out. people like this are the most dangerous to the hobby, skilled with some knowledge or ability to replicate original markings.

Thank you Paul. I'm not pushing ;) You've provided such immeasurably valuable information over the years and have been THE guy confirming with evidence much humping. All of the major humper busts have been a result of your input, data, and information. Thank you! :happy0180:

Has anyone ever summited a fraud request threw gunbroker? If so how did it turn out?
Gun Broker doesn't care. Their rules only exist to protect them in case a legal situation were to occur. Say someone was selling fake Glocks and Glock wasn't happy about it and wanted to get Gun Broker to stop them.

The current Sauer isn't going to come after Gun Broker for allowing someone to sell a faked 1936 K98k. So GB doesn't care. I just had this discussion on another forum where the same completely humped Krieghoff Luger was flipped twice in 14 days and Gun Broker earned $289.04 off the two transactions. That's all GB cares about. Not that the end buyer got scammed out of $4500.

Last edited:
..people like this are the most dangerous to the hobby, skilled with some knowledge or ability to replicate original markings.

You're absolutely right Paul. Very dangerous indeed. Hard to sort and even more difficult to detect in trends. They are good. Good enough to fool most any individual but collectively I think the group can still find them. They are definitely getting better.

Thank you Paul. I'm not pushing ;) You've provided such immeasurably valuable information over the years and have been THE guy confirming with evidence much humping. All of the major humper busts have been a result of your input, data, and information. Thank you! :happy0180:

I couldn't agree more. His detailed records and trends information (some others too) are the invaluable link in busting the majority of these frauds. Without those detailed records it would literally never happen.

Got home late, but tomorrow I will get to it, I am glad my database has saved a few from getting stuck with a bad rifle and or losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I should have noticed this one when it hit GB in September, but I probably already trended it from the original 2012 auction...

Anyone can ask me whether a rifle has a record or not, naturally most won't, I get requests every once in awhile most I do not have records of but if it is an expensive purchase or you are not sure, best to ask anyway, might save you a lot of money. It might take hours or the next day or two after the request, so have patience.

** Thanks Craig and HM!

Got home late, but tomorrow I will get to it, I am glad my database has saved a few from getting stuck with a bad rifle and or losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I should have noticed this one when it hit GB in September, but I probably already trended it from the original 2012 auction...

Anyone can ask me whether a rifle has a record or not, naturally most won't, I get requests every once in awhile most I do not have records of but if it is an expensive purchase or you are not sure, best to ask anyway, might save you a lot of money. It might take hours or the next day or two after the request, so have patience.

** Thanks Craig and HM!

Thank You!!!

Want to bump this thread with a question. Lets say the guy that purchased this from Frank was mad enough to file fraud charges against him. What are the monetary limits for this? For example, if you sold someone a fake Rembrandt painting and found out later the seller created it to defraud, isn't that a crime? How is THIS not a real crime? Inquiring minds want to know. Its not a crime to unknowingly sell a fake, but in this instance I think Frank might have exposed himself to fraud charges if the $ amount is considerable. If I remember correctly, he lives in California. Maybe a call to the California DOJ with questions about a resident selling fraudulent K98k rifles (weapons) might get him in deep shite. If it were me, I'd be all over it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back