Third Party Press

Thread: Bcd4 with mg barrel auction

Default Bcd4 with mg barrel auction

This auction has ended. I did bid on it but had some questions. The rear band looks like it was for a full kriegsmodell? Also I wasn’t sure about the stock, I couldn’t really see an eagle H, and the auction house said there wasn’t one (I know they can be faint). This one went for a lot more than I was willing to bid.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/51970334

Yikes, that’s a chunk of change! I’m probably misremembering, but I thought the bcd machine gun barrels were five digit serial numbered guns.

Update: Based on Pisgah’s Gustloff database, it appears the bcd4 MG barrels were found on the second series five digit serial numbers. So this one, #3934, which is not in his database, appears legit, at least from that perspective.

KJ
    Last edited by Kammerjaeger; 01-25-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    "Was wären Ihre Männer lieber, müde oder tot?" - Rommel

... Don't blame the Auction house.... their business is selling stuff.

Stock was sanded, it had an E/H & "C".... wrong bands IMO (blued and drilled), and wrong trig guard (& action screws) IMO ... with a 20% premium ....you're now at $4400.

I wanted two, ended with a donut hole
    Last edited by Bob in OHIO; 01-26-2020 at 05:21 AM.

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Looks like someones bad resto of a real bcd4 mg barrel, but no where near worth that. Insane. I'm sure the buyer thought he was buying a hidden gem since they didn't say anything about the barrel, but you have to be smarter when buying something like this.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

I'm with Mike on this one. Thanks BiO for the somewhat detailed recap. It almost seems like the dou 44 at $1600 was the 'deal' of the lot IF it was nice and original. Scary to even say that. All the others seemed grossly overpriced and with issues BiO described probably obscenely overpriced.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    It almost seems like the dou 44 at $1600 was the 'deal' of the lot IF it was nice and original. Scary to even say that.
    . I wanted to snag the dou but now add OH taxes and it’s at 1700. The gun was nice, though the spanned nut was molested...

email => K98@bobinohio.com

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in OHIO View Post
    . I wanted to snag the dou but now add OH taxes and it’s at 1700. The gun was nice, though the spanned nut was molested...
    Again thanks BiO! I know you're a Czech house fan as I've become. I'm only just getting my feet wet but generally if you like it I probably do too. Just a bit spendy IMHO as you said.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

I agree with Mike on this someone thought they got the deal of the year because there was not mention of the MG15 barrel being used. And in the end got a partial restoration of a Bcd4 with MG15 barrel, sanded stock, wrong barrel bands, other isscues, and a huge buyers premium for a price tag of $4400!

Alot of money for a problem rifle.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Wow, $4,551 + S/H and Tax. Proxibid sometimes can get crazy, although I've gotten some gems off there before. Gotta really be careful on Proxibid because more than not the pictures are always terrible.