Third Party Press

Bcd4 with mg barrel auction

Yikes, that’s a chunk of change! I’m probably misremembering, but I thought the bcd machine gun barrels were five digit serial numbered guns.

Update: Based on Pisgah’s Gustloff database, it appears the bcd4 MG barrels were found on the second series five digit serial numbers. So this one, #3934, which is not in his database, appears legit, at least from that perspective.

KJ

Last edited:
... Don't blame the Auction house.... their business is selling stuff.

Stock was sanded, it had an E/H & "C".... wrong bands IMO (blued and drilled), and wrong trig guard (& action screws) IMO ... with a 20% premium ....you're now at $4400.

I wanted two, ended with a donut hole

Last edited:
Looks like someones bad resto of a real bcd4 mg barrel, but no where near worth that. Insane. I'm sure the buyer thought he was buying a hidden gem since they didn't say anything about the barrel, but you have to be smarter when buying something like this.

I'm with Mike on this one. Thanks BiO for the somewhat detailed recap. It almost seems like the dou 44 at $1600 was the 'deal' of the lot IF it was nice and original. Scary to even say that. All the others seemed grossly overpriced and with issues BiO described probably obscenely overpriced.

It almost seems like the dou 44 at $1600 was the 'deal' of the lot IF it was nice and original. Scary to even say that.
. I wanted to snag the dou but now add OH taxes and it’s at 1700. The gun was nice, though the spanned nut was molested...

. I wanted to snag the dou but now add OH taxes and it’s at 1700. The gun was nice, though the spanned nut was molested...

Again thanks BiO! I know you're a Czech house fan as I've become. I'm only just getting my feet wet but generally if you like it I probably do too. Just a bit spendy IMHO as you said.

I agree with Mike on this someone thought they got the deal of the year because there was not mention of the MG15 barrel being used. And in the end got a partial restoration of a Bcd4 with MG15 barrel, sanded stock, wrong barrel bands, other isscues, and a huge buyers premium for a price tag of $4400!

Alot of money for a problem rifle.

Wow, $4,551 + S/H and Tax. Proxibid sometimes can get crazy, although I've gotten some gems off there before. Gotta really be careful on Proxibid because more than not the pictures are always terrible.

Military Rifle Journal
Back