Third Party Press

New Member from SC with a new RC k98

dnewsom89

Just bought my first k98 RC last week and I have started doing some research. I collect US WW2 weapons, gear, uniforms, etc and I reenact. Never been much on the German scene but I got a good deal (I think) on a very pretty RC byf 43 k98. I'll post some pictures of it shortly. I'd like to learn a little about it's history. I'm also going to be in the market for a sling, stripper clips, and a bayonet for it eventually.

Thanks,
Dan

"byf" is the code for Mauser Obrendorf. I've a byf too. but its a '44 in rough condition and it works. If its an RC it should have an "X" marking somewhere on the receiver. RCs are fun, my first kar98k has a mid-war receiver, early war stock and late war, stamped trigger guard and magazine floor-plate. Its a real hodge-podge of parts from different makers and different stages of the war. Post some pics whenever you're able to, and some of the more experienced members can help you ID your rifle.

"byf" is the code for Mauser Obrendorf. I've a byf too. but its a '44 in rough condition and it works. If its an RC it should have an "X" marking somewhere on the receiver. RCs are fun, my first kar98k has a mid-war receiver, early war stock and late war, stamped trigger guard and magazine floor-plate. Its a real hodge-podge of parts from different makers and different stages of the war. Post some pics whenever you're able to, and some of the more experienced members can help you ID your rifle.

Will do, I need to get some pics hosted. Thank you!

I am one of the resident "parts guys" here. I have nice original slings, sight hoods and cleaning rods if you ever need. Most here know me or have bought from me. I too have a byf43. Mine is an original, matching walnut version. Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask questions. I've been at it myself over 20 years. I no longer do gunsmithing but will help when able.

DSC04021.jpgDSC04022.jpgDSC04023.jpgDSC04024.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back