Third Party Press

Rare Scope find ZEISS ZIELVIER blc Code .

Dave Roberts

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?
Staff member
Thought the Scope & Sniper Collectors would Enjoy this one . Its my latest find & Self Christmas Gift to Myself actually my only Gift but what more could a Collector ask for .
To all My friend Here at the Forum Merry Christmas
The Bases are Original to Scope , the sad part was the Rifle was heavily Sporterized
Barrel had first 2" removed and Bolt re-contoured . It was sad to see it in this state
and the Bases & Scope was removed from Rifle .
Many Pics Hope You all enjoy the Pics . Best Regards :faint:

Attachments

• DSC_1044.JPG
    DSC_1044.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_1048.JPG
    DSC_1048.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_1073.JPG
    DSC_1073.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_1074.JPG
    DSC_1074.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_1075.JPG
    DSC_1075.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_1046.JPG
    DSC_1046.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_1047.JPG
    DSC_1047.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_1071.JPG
    DSC_1071.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_1079.JPG
    DSC_1079.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_1053.JPG
    DSC_1053.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_1051.JPG
    DSC_1051.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_1049.JPG
    DSC_1049.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_1050.JPG
    DSC_1050.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_1052.JPG
    DSC_1052.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_1054.JPG
    DSC_1054.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_1055.JPG
    DSC_1055.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_1056.JPG
    DSC_1056.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_1058.JPG
    DSC_1058.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_1059.JPG
    DSC_1059.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
More Pics of blc

Attachments

• DSC_1061.JPG
    DSC_1061.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_1062.JPG
    DSC_1062.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_1063.JPG
    DSC_1063.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_1064.JPG
    DSC_1064.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_1065.JPG
    DSC_1065.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_1066.JPG
    DSC_1066.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_1068.JPG
    DSC_1068.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_1069.JPG
    DSC_1069.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_1076.JPG
    DSC_1076.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_1077.JPG
    DSC_1077.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 82
Great find, dave. I know that you have been looking for one for a long, long time.

I remember talking with you a couple years back and we were just speculating about them, because we hadn't seen one in person, just a couple poor photos where you could make out the Zeiss turret knob!

Congratulations!

Jeff

Nice scope Dave.
Is there still a scope that you need to find?

Could you, please, tell us more about the rifle, manufacturer, year and serial number?

Nice scope Dave.

Could you, please, tell us more about the rifle, manufacturer, year and serial number?

Sure I have Scopes I still like to find There is bunch of them Zeiss Zielseches LT & HT Kahles H/4X60 LT & HT.There is also 6 listed in the Karabiner 98 K Zielfernrohren Hand Book I have two Examples Ziel-Dialyt 6fach And Zeiss Zielvier most likely SSR but without recoil bar attached . It has Correct Range Markings for this Variant Hunter Scope which was sold to Heer .When I was in Germany a Collector Friend has Two of these Scopes also Kahles H/4X60 and Zeiss Zielsechs both also have recoil bar attached with 2 screws like in Senich Book both these Scopes have same Range Markings as Mine . These Scopes are most likely one of the Hardest Variants to obtain as most probably saw action on Eastern Front . I would also like a Dr Walter Gerard 3X LT . Yes there is a number I still want to try to find . I will post pics of this Zeiss Zielvier Hunter Scope that was sold to Heer . I have Copies of Original Paper Work that tells about one of these Turned in Hunters Scopes . Paper Work mentions when it was bought , the price , were it was sent , also that rings were removed and sent back to hunter and so on . These are some of the reason I believe if someone claims he knows all that was done or to say only this or that scope was used on say LT in 1943 is really setting himself up for a hard fall .

Excuse me for going on rambling to answer Your first Question I will Post Pics of the Butched Rifle that had the blc on it . It was on an i block byf 44 . Best Regards .

Nice scope Dave.

BSW 1937
Here are Pics of what`s left to this POOR HT . What a Shame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:barf:

The Base Rifle was a BYF 43 K block Rifle .

This HT was right at the change over from Low Turret to High Turret .
If you look at the Front Base in above photos You see it has many similarities to the Low Turret Bases . Such as Corner Cuts and Stop Block on inside of Groove were Locking Spring Rides The Low Turrets have a stop block held inlace by a screw but on the Early High Turret Bases the Spring Groove Cut was stopped just short of see threw opening for open sight use . On Later Turret Front Bases this Groove is Cut completely to sight opening .

Attachments

• 393.jpg
    393.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 140
  • 393-1.jpg
    393-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 393-3.jpg
    393-3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 393-4.jpg
    393-4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Scope matching to the action Dave ?

Because never see HT before January 44 . Prototype ? Test rifle ?

Bunny proof on the action ? Added WaA ?

Have you best pictures Dave ?

Regards

VS

Pictures

Waiting also for better pictures of the k98 vintagscope.
Regards

QUOTE=vintagescope;245767]Scope matching to the action Dave ?

Regards

VS[/QUOTE]

Scope matching to the action Dave ?

Regards

VS

First thing , Just because You or others have not seen one , does not mean it Does NOT EXIST . Do You recall all the Noise YOU made when I said Sauer Never made LT . I recall perfectly !!!!!. I will not do the same to YOU !!!! . For me when someone is not aware of something I do not Ridicule/Demean them trying to make myself look smart , I look to help other collectors learn !!!!!!.

I would also suggest you look to Robert Spielauer`s last Book or his others Prints . Last Book pages 138-139 Is a BYF43 HT 36261 look at Bases these are same as ones on my HT blc , I had this piece in hand .The Barreled Action is Original other Parts are MisMatched .

Here is Vaughn99`s Reply to first email asking for Serial & Final Proof and Bunny Proof

Hello,

I have the photo’s you sent me ages ago, with me building and things boxed up in storage units I don’t have easy access at the moment. Let me know I can send those pics but the one with the serial and letter block is not so good.

Later
Eric

I am waiting for reply to 2nd email about needed Pics . I will update with answer .

Last edited:
First thing , Just because You or others have not seen one , does not mean it Does NOT EXIST . Do You recall all the Noise YOU made when I said Sauer Never made LT . I recall perfectly !!!!!. I will not do the same to YOU !!!! . For me when someone is not aware of something I do not Ridicule/Demean them trying to make myself look smart , I look to help other collectors learn !!!!!!.

I would also suggest you look to Robert Spielauer`s last Book or his others Prints . Last Book pages 138-139 Is a BYF43 HT 36261 look at Bases these are same as ones on my HT blc , I had this piece in hand .The Barreled Action is Original other Parts are MisMatched .

Here is Vaughn99`s Reply to first email asking for Serial & Final Proof and Bunny Proof

Hello,

I have the photo’s you sent me ages ago, with me building and things boxed up in storage units I don’t have easy access at the moment. Let me know I can send those pics but the one with the serial and letter block is not so good.

Later
Eric

I
am waiting for reply to 2nd email about needed Pics . I will update with answer .

Here are the Promised Pics of Matching Receiver to the HT blc Scope & Rings and Bases . Thank You Vaughn for getting these Pics .

Attachments

• Matching HT to BLC 1.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Matching HT to BLC 2.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Matching HT to BLC 3.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 3.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Matching HT to BLC 4.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 4.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Matching HT to BLC 5.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 5.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Matching HT to BLC 6.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 6.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Matching HT to BLC 7.jpg
    Matching HT to BLC 7.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That’s a great combo with scope and matching receiver. Too bad Bubba got to it first. That is a good restoration project. Those blc scopes are tough to find. Congrats.

....good project except they cut the barrel down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....good project except they cut the barrel down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d really like to have that scope. That barrel and receiver are a good data point for sure. I did not read from the beginning. Only looked at the photos. I really like the scope and to me that was the most interesting.

Last edited:
I’d really like to have that scope. That barrel and receiver are a good data point for sure. I did not read from the beginning. Only looked at the photos. I really like the scope and to me that was the most interesting.

The HT blc Scope and Bases are back with its Original Receiver . I promised Vaughn if I every relinquished it he would get first right of refusal. It did not take him long to say I`ll ,Take It !!!! . IMO Vaughn is the right person to bring this piece back to life and I suspect he will not disappoint anyone with end results . I for one am looking forward to seeing the finished piece . Best Regards

block k

hi Dave
very interesting this 98k block K
you will notice that it does not have the small star on the back base for this end of year of production
indeed this marking appears from block K late 43 to block A early 44
for me it's a prototype this set
Great, congratulations

Military Rifle Journal
Back