Third Party Press

Authentic K98k?

Zh75

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I’m not very well versed in the world of mausers but have been interested in buying one for a while. I found one on GB that is in roughish condition but I’m wondering how authentic it is and was hoping some of you experts could help me out. Link to the auction https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/854209645

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Authentic as in is it German and a K98? Sure. But it's a parts mismatch and in rough shape. It's up to you what you want, but it's collectibility value is gone imo. Do you want a matching collectors piece or a shooter?

Authentic as in is it German and a K98? Sure. But it's a parts mismatch and in rough shape. It's up to you what you want, but it's collectibility value is gone imo. Do you want a matching collectors piece or a shooter?

Yeah I know it’s in rough shape but in response to your question somewhere in between- I’m not really about buying a rifle to never shoot it. So doesn’t need to be a $4,000 all matching pristine rifle but I would like it to be in good condition. I just know people apparently fake stamps and I’m not into the world of k98’s to know which stamps should be where.

Understandable. An in-between bolt mismatch in great shape can fetch around $1,000 or a bit more. Maybe consider a nice Russian capture if that's a bit much? Check the trader section here. Someone might have something your looking for.

Don’t buy from that seller unless you want to overpay. For unclear reasons he tends to get premium level prices on all of his auctions. The gun looks find, but just be careful that you don’t catch auction fever and start throwing money at it.

Don’t buy from that seller unless you want to overpay. For unclear reasons he tends to get premium level prices on all of his auctions. The gun looks find, but just be careful that you don’t catch auction fever and start throwing money at it.

Oh wow I had no idea about that, I appreciate the heads up! I think I’m going to pass on it and wait for something better to come along!

Understandable. An in-between bolt mismatch in great shape can fetch around $1,000 or a bit more. Maybe consider a nice Russian capture if that's a bit much? Check the trader section here. Someone might have something your looking for.

Yeah, 800-1000 is what I’d be looking to drop for one most likely. Thanks a lot though, I’ll keep my eye out for anything that pops up here and hopefully I can be quick enough to get it lol

Yeah, 800-1000 is what I’d be looking to drop for one most likely. Thanks a lot though, I’ll keep my eye out for anything that pops up here and hopefully I can be quick enough to get it lol

There are always rifles popping up from good guys here. Guys who won't post BS. And if they do, it will get called out pretty quickly. In the mean time, read through some old posts, look at the reference section, and post questions!

Just so you are aware of of it, anyone who posts a K98k for sale on this website, their item is automatically scrutinized by the extremely knowledgeable (world class collectors quite honestly) members of this board. So, if it is for sale here, its pretty much good to go.

KJ

Just so you are aware of of it, anyone who posts a K98k for sale on this website, their item is automatically scrutinized by the extremely knowledgeable (world class collectors quite honestly) members of this board. So, if it is for sale here, its pretty much good to go.

KJ

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. Scheisters know better than to post their crap here.

great help

i would simply like to add that,,, as new guy to the mauser world myself, i was amazed at how kind and friendly i have been treated here. i have bought at sold a few items in my short time here, and every transaction was EXACTLY how you want one to be,, GOOD for the buyer, and GOOD for the seller! everyone leaves the table happy. EVERY SINGLE GUY i have met on here has been an honest , stand up guy! and that's no bull! too bad the whole damn country couldn't be ran by the guys on this forum, lol.
Tuck

i would simply like to add that,,, as new guy to the mauser world myself, i was amazed at how kind and friendly i have been treated here. i have bought at sold a few items in my short time here, and every transaction was EXACTLY how you want one to be,, GOOD for the buyer, and GOOD for the seller! everyone leaves the table happy. EVERY SINGLE GUY i have met on here has been an honest , stand up guy! and that's no bull! too bad the whole damn country couldn't be ran by the guys on this forum, lol.
Tuck

I feel the same way! I’ve made a few transactions and 100% trust these guys.

Military Rifle Journal
Back