Third Party Press

G43 Marked AC45?

Norinco

Hey! I'm somewhat new to this, but from my understanding, rifles made after '44 are marked K43 in lieu of G43. Any explanation as to how this rifle ended up with a G43 marking? Thanks!

Attachments

• 6quintillion.jpg
    6quintillion.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 84
These were cosmetic machined G.43 receivers made by M.A.S. in St. Etienne, France. If I remember correctly the theory was they might have been shipped from Buchanwald to one of the two Walther plants at the very end of the war and assembled. They're not super common, but not super rare. You sometimes see dual marked K.43 and G.43 in AC45 receivers, too. Those are pretty scarce.

These were cosmetic machined G.43 receivers made by M.A.S. in St. Etienne, France. If I remember correctly the theory was they might have been shipped from Buchanwald to one of the two Walther plants at the very end of the war and assembled. They're not super common, but not super rare. You sometimes see dual marked K.43 and G.43 in AC45 receivers, too. Those are pretty scarce.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I appreciate it. :^)

This rifle is in a block of several G.43 and K.43 marked and mixed rifles. The next known reported one is G.43 ac45 #7281 with a cosmetic milled receiver.

Last edited:
Interesting

Hey! I'm somewhat new to this, but from my understanding, rifles made after '44 are marked K43 in lieu of G43. Any explanation as to how this rifle ended up with a G43 marking? Thanks!

Post more pics....it is somewhat rare.:thumbsup:

They are not common at all. Dual marked K/G43 even more so but these are not often seen. I have 4958 AC45 G.43 and is probably my favorite. Would also like to see some more photos.

Military Rifle Journal
Back