Third Party Press

Best Hülsenkopftwischer ever made

Looks like a "Frankenhuslenkopfwischer"! It appears to have a central seam on the underside. Not seen anything like this before (aluminum alloy?). My guess is this was something made after WW2 when the RG34 might have been used (like the arms they were meant for), by a secondary or "third-world" nation's military.

Last edited:
I doubt that many of the 2nd and for sure the 3rd world countries ever even bothered with something as high tech as a cleaning kit!

One might take a look a the (usually) unattributed export Rg34s from nations like Portugal. A unaltered, non-refurbished example is uncommon. Many kits contain refurbished, altered, or replacement components...all in an effort to extend their service-life until no longer needed. One must acknowledge the G. Appel designed Rg34 was a innovative, well-received concept at the time and superior to individual arms cleaning apparatus used by other nations.

One might take a look a the (usually) unattributed export Rg34s from nations like Portugal. A unaltered, non-refurbished example is uncommon. Many kits contain refurbished, altered, or replacement components...all in an effort to extend their service-life until no longer needed. One must acknowledge the G. Appel designed Rg34 was a innovative, well-received concept at the time and superior to individual arms cleaning apparatus used by other nations.

I agree with you.

In the 1934 Gustav Appel patent on the Behälter, the concept of the universal use of the cleaning kit with all types of weapons is clearly established. With this same equipment, the German soldier was able to clean pistols, rifles, machine guns... in the barracks and at the front.

Antoni

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back