Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Forest Find" M40 SS Helmet

Country Boy

Here's mine, supposedly found in a hedge row in the sixties, with a body still wearing it. It came out of a museum in France. I kept it in my shop for a couple of years because the smell was so bad. It wasn't a decaying flesh smell, ive never smelled anything like it. It's with my collection now and finally there's no weird smell. No idea what the white is on it. Was cheap enough that I'm not out anything to speak of so real or not I'm ok. I've never had another helmet put off a weird odor like this one and I have another in similar condition
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by History View Post
    Here's mine, supposedly found in a hedge row in the sixties, with a body still wearing it. It came out of a museum in France. I kept it in my shop for a couple of years because the smell was so bad. It wasn't a decaying flesh smell, ive never smelled anything like it. It's with my collection now and finally there's no weird smell. No idea what the white is on it. Was cheap enough that I'm not out anything to speak of so real or not I'm ok. I've never had another helmet put off a weird odor like this one and I have another in similar condition
    Good looking helmet! Interesting story attached to that one. Yeah mine doesn't have any out of the ordinary smell to it. Just the smell of old leather if you get close to the liner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk