Third Party Press

Thread: CGH Kar71

Default CGH Kar71

Hey all, I started Feb off with a trio of really nice and hard to find carbine purchases. The first arrived today. I'll share the others as they come in.

I didn't see this one documented previously, so I wanted to share. I've been on a big M71 kick of late and I really liked the looks of this one. This was originally in the Sturgess Collection.

This is a CG Haenel made in 1877. SN is 7083, which puts it at 2nd earliest known based on my read of the list. No unit mark and has Bavarian script "L" acceptance on the barrel. Probably went straight to a storage depot.

The finish is in great shape and no major issues at all other than a certain Mr. Coffman carving his name into the left buttstock.

All parts are matching and the bore is like new. I may carefully disassemble if I have time this weekend.

Pics follow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a nice one, Chris! My 1877 C.H.S suhl kar71 is really close to your carbine production number 7603!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Wow, that is a nice one, Chris! My 1877 C.H.S suhl kar71 is really close to your carbine production number 7603!
    Thanks man, I couldn't resist given the condition. Looking back, I remember yours had a pretty cool unit mark too.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Beautiful 71 Carbine

Congrats, really nice looking carbine! Man, those are what you would call crisp stock proofs for a 143 year old rifle!

nick
    Last edited by DWM1915; 02-14-2020 at 11:25 AM.